5. New Enemies, New Friends, New Trials

"Litten, hit Magnemite with Ember!" Lucas commanded. Litten obeyed, inhaling and preparing to unleash a fiery hailstorm on Magnemite. Litten was looking rough himself, but it just meant Magnemite was strong. A perfect addition to Lucas's team, especially since it would give him an edge against Water-types, being an Electric type, and with Water being one of his roster's biggest weaknesses. Litten's Ember did a number on Magnemite, being a Steel-type. It quickly fell to the ground with swirls in its eyes.

"You're mine now, Magnemite!" Lucas cried, chucking a pokeball, hitting it square on the head before it was gone in a red flash. The pokeball writhed and stirred for a short while, but soon stopped. Magnemite was his. "Yeah! Great job, Litten! You've earned some rest after that." Lucas withdrew Litten into his pokeball and went to pick up his new Magnemite's pokeball as well, attaching both to his belt.

"Nice catch, dude!"

Lucas looked around to find the person calling out to him, and spotted Hau behind him waving in front of what appeared to be a restaurant.

"Howzit, Lucas!" Hau shouted. "If you're looking for some good eats, you've found 'em!" Hau ran up to Lucas. "You should get some malasadas for your Pokemon. I hear they make your Pokemon more affectionate towards you, and if they're affectionate, they're better in battle!"

"Wait... what's a malasada?" Lucas asked.

Hau's jaw dropped. "You've never had a malasada?! It's only the best food in the world! It's basically a powdered-sugar doughnut with filling. So good!"

"Sounds really good," Lucas said. "You know what? Maybe I will buy some."

"Hell, yeah!" Hau said. "Besides, who could resist giving their Pokemon a few malasadas, eh? They're just so cute!" Hau looked down and examined Lucas's bandages. "Hey, the blood's dried up. How's it feeling?"

"A lot better," Lucas said. "Still have a slight limp, but I think I should be healed in a few days or so."

"Glad to hear it!" Hau said. "I figured Lillie not helping you was a good sign that you were healing."

Lucas immediately blushed upon hearing Lillie's name. "Yeah," Lucas said, pursing his lips. "D-Do you know where she is, by the way?"

Hau shrugged. "Haven't seen her all day. I assumed she was shopping or something. Why?"

"N-No reason," Lucas stammered. "Just curious... heh..."

Hau raised an eyebrow. "You alright, dude? You seem nervous."

"Um... yeah, just fine," Lucas said. "Why wouldn't I b—"

"Yo, yo, yo, check it!"

"Whenever, wherever we meet you, Team Skull don't even greet you!"

Two random voices caught both Hau and Lucas's attention, and saving Lucas from making up an excuse as to why he was interested in Lillie's whereabouts. He turned to see two gangster-looking guys walking up to them. Both had identical apparel: a white bandana on their head with black spots in the front resembling skull eye sockets, a black bandana covering their mouths, a silver necklace with a weird "S" pendant, a black tank top, black shorts going down to past their knees, and black wristbands. They made a stance in perfect sync with each other, ending with them looking like they were flexing, but there was a severe lack of muscle on either of them. They seemed like losers trying to act cool at first glance.

"Um... can we help you?" Lucas asked, trying not to laugh at how ridiculous they both looked.

"Yo, you wanna throw us a bone and hand over those island challenge amulets to us now?"