7. So Perfect, It Must Be a Dream

A/N: Warning: copious amounts of fluff and words ahead. Buckle up. It's a long one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a weird sensation for Lucas to wake up with butterflies in his stomach. He stared at the ceiling of his room at the Hau'oli Pokemon Center, the only thing he could think about being Lillie. How could he think about anything else? He was still riding the rush of feeling her lips on his cheek, as well as kissing her cheek himself. Seeing her giggling and playing with her hair, unable to make eye contact because she was so shy was perhaps the cutest thing he's ever seen. And her hugs... was there anything better? Holding her so close to him, feeling her delicate figure underneath, and savoring her invigorating aroma.

He got out of bed and stretched, trying to wake himself up. He could only assume Kukui would want to leave as early as possible for Akala Island. Thankfully his leg was healed enough to where he could walk around normally without too much discomfort. Before leaving, he decided to take some extra time to make himself clean. It wasn't like he didn't keep up with his hygiene, but he wanted to keep making a good impression on Lillie. It might've been certain that she liked him back, but crushes are fleeting. He could still mess up at any moment, and a classy girl like Lillie would definitely be turned off if he smelled bad or didn't look coifed. Any girl would. He showered and took his time with his hair, making sure it was perfectly parted. When he decided he looked decent enough, he gathered his things, picked his Pokemon up from the nurse, and exited the Pokemon Center. As soon as the doors opened, he was greeted by an excited Hau.

"Hey, Lucas!" Hau said. "Professor Kukui said you might be here!"

"Hey, Hau," Lucas said with a yawn and a stretch.

"Tired?" Hau asked.

Lucas nodded. "Not used to being up this early, but I figured I could just sleep on the boat if I wanted to."

"Boat?" Hau asked. "Oh, we aren't going on the boat!"

"Huh?" Lucas asked. "Then... how are we getting to Akala Island?"

"Mantine surfing!" Hau exclaimed. "Big Wave Beach on Route 2. You saw them, right?"

"I did. But... surfing?" Lucas asked. "Um... I don't know about that..."

"C'mon, dude!" Hau said. "I've heard nothing but awesome things about it! Besides, maybe it would wake you up."

Lucas pursed his lips. Other than not knowing how to surf, he was kind of hoping to be on the boat with Lillie. He could only imagine how beautiful she would look with the wind in her hair.

"Ah, Lucas and Hau!" Kukui said, approaching with Lillie. "Good timing. Lillie and I have just got the old girl all ready to set sail."

"Oh yeah," Hau said. "About that, Professor... Lucas and I were going to head to Akala Island with Mantine!"

"Well... I never actually said ye—"

"Alright, you two," Kukui said. "I guess I'll leave you to it! The island challenge is all about journeying together with Pokemon, after all!"

Lucas was about to protest again but stopped himself with a sigh. Kukui was now on board, so he wasn't getting out of this.

"Yeah! So I'll see you on Akala Island, Professor!" Hau said. "I'll meet you at Big Wave Beach, Lucas!"

Hau rushed off to the beach and Kukui finished telling Lillie something before going back to the harbor. Both blushed profusely, realizing they were alone again.

"Um... hi, Lucas," Lillie said.

"H-Hi, Lillie," Lucas said. "I guess I won't be going on the boat with you."