Six

"So, when do you think you and this guy are gonna do it?" Clint asked as we walked through the supermarket, so I could bring chips to Tony's stargazing party tonight.

This morning I woke up to four text messages from Tony: "Hey Steve can you pick up some chips?"; "please"; "we like doritos but you dont have to get them"; "thanks steve!". The fire station needed over night food, so Steve forced Clint to go to the grocery store with him.

"Do what?" Steve asked spotting the big, red bag of chips at the end of the asile.

"God, Steve. You know. It." Clint poked his finger into a balled up fist.

Steve gasped once Clint dropped his hands, and he shook his head quickly.

"No." Steve paused as the image formed in his head. "No! Clint!"

"Why not?" Clint shrugged hopping into the shopping cart.

"Because I've just met the guy." Steve spat, and Clint rolled his eyes.

"No, it's because your not over Bucky." Clint corrected, and Steve's sholders tensed.

"Also your one of those virgin until marriage guys. Bucky told me that you guys didn't do the deed until you got married." Clint said taking a bite out of an unbought apple.

"Shut up Barton." Steve muttered under his breath, and Clint looked around the store.

"Hey, I get it. Sex is not for everyone. No judgment, but Tony might not feel the same way." Clint shrugged, then he added. "Have you told Tony about Bucky?"

"No, I haven't made love with Tony. No, I haven't thought about doing it. No, I haven't told him about Bucky. No, I'm not over Bucky. Okay? Happy?" Steve spat, and Clint shrunk into himself like a child getting scolded.

"Leave me alone, okay?" Steve hissed, and he slammed a party size bag of dortios into the shopping kart.

"Sorry Steve. I didn't,"

"But you did, and now I'm thinking about him. Bucky was my best friend since we were thriteen, he was my crush before that. We dated, we got married, we made love, all the shit you are asking about. I loved him so fucking much, and I'm trying to get over him! But I'm taking it slow because when I looked at Tony and talk to Tony like I would talk to Bucky I feel guilty. I feel like I'm hurting Bucky. So for the love of God, stop asking me questions." Steve yelled, and Clint noticed that Steve's shoulders started to shake.

"Steve," Clint said softly as a wave a guilt washed over him.

"I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry. I'm glad that you are liking Tony and taking it slow." Clint smiled as a few small tears leaked from Steve's eyes.

Steve twisted his knuckles into his eyes, trying to make the tears stop, and he took a few deep breaths. He lifted his head with his eyes closed, and he saw Bucky's happy smile. Steve shook the image from his brain and turned to push the kart into the cashier's aisle. He let out a deep breath, forcing a smile for the young teenager that wore a black baseball cap that read "Smith's Grocery". She smiled back, pushing her tight curls out of her face. She started to scan Steve's items as Steve stuck his credit card into the machine. Clint looked down weakly trying to think of something to tell Steve, but nothing came to mind.

"Hey, I had an apple." Clint murmered to the cashier, holding his half eaten core up.

She nodded and quickly typed it into her computer, her fake nails clacking on the screen. Steve finsihed his payment and carried his bags out to his car.

"Steve, I really am sorry." Clint apologized again, and Steve nodded.

"I know." He mumbled, and he shut the back of the car.