21. I Need To Wait.

Angelo's POV

''Are we done yet?" Aldrick whined.

"No lemme just.." Nolan sighed and dropped a packet of singlet into his shopping cart.

"Let's go!" Arjun said and we took our items we bought to the account. After we all made payments, we walked out of the mall into the car we brought.

"Dudes, hurry the fuck up we need to get to the food court." Aldrick yelled.

"Chill man, we're done." I informed. We went back into the mall and walked straight to the food court to fill our empty stomachs.

I didn't know whether today was an errand day or what, but my mum sent me to the mall to buy her groceries and the others too as well. As for Nathaniel, his mum sent him to his grandma's place, which was a lot of kilometres from here.

So we were kinda lucky

Aldrick opened the sliding glass door and the cool air whipped us.

"Yo dude, look over there." Nolan nudged me and I did. I thought it was a dream, but it wasn't a dream..

It was Mackenna.

And her other  friend Angela. The two looked engrossed in their conversation that they couldn't even raise their  heads to look at us.

"Why don't we go sit with them?" I suggested.

"Whatever, as long as we get food" Arjun shrugged and we walked over to them with some 'swag' in our walking.

"Hey hey beautifuls." I chirped.

"Hey.." They chorused smiling as they looked up at us.

"Mind if we sit here?" I asked.

"Yes." Mackenna smirked.

"Oh of course you can!" Angela said looking at Nolan. Mackenna glared at Angela as I sat done next time her and the others added seats to the table.

I sighed and drapped my arm over Mackenna's shoulder.

"Hey Barbie." I whispered into her ears and she rolled her eyes the other started conversing amongst themselves.

"Don't pretend you're not happy to see me." I said and she rolled her eyes but I could see her smile.

"What would you guys like please?" The waitress asked in a thick british accent.

"Oh just some French fries with chicken." Nolan said.

"I love your accent by the way." I said.

"Thanks." She blushed smiling and left. When she was finally gone, Mackenna pinched me in my arm and I winced rubbing my arm.

"Barbie!" I whined.

"What was that for?" I added and suddenly I smirked.

She looked elsewhere and I snuck my arm around her waist making her shiver in surprise. I bent my head to a side of her face and she had her gaze on the table and she was cracking her knuckles.

"You have nothing to worry about Barbie." I said in a low tone so that only she would hear. "Because you're the one I'll always like no matter what." I said and red crawled onto her cheek.

"Hey." I grinned tugging her more to me.

"Look at me." I whispered. She slowly tilted her head to her direction and she had a faint scowl on her face. Ignoring her scowl, I brought my lips closer to hers and placed a three second peck on her lip and qucikly pulled away when her eyes widened and so did her blush.

"Hey guys!  We're still here." Arjun graoned and tell lady came with our foods.

"Yes you are." I said and the lady left.

"The only difference is that you don't matter." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes.

"Food matters anyways so whatever." He said and started eating maniacly and I shook my head. I stuffed two French fries into my mouth and at that same time, I felt someone's hands wrap around my arm and the person leaned on my arm.

Mackenna's head on my arm provided warmth to my entire being and it somehow gave me a go ahead. I kissed her hair and went back to my food.

"Okay..so while Angelo and Mackenna are busy with their PDA why don't we go bowling after this?" Aldrick asked.

"Yeah!'' Angela squealed and Nolan smiled at her making her blush.

****

"Angelo, I suck at bowling." Mackenna said beside me.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you how it's done." I assured and put my arm around her shoulders and she nodded. We went inside the bowling alley.

I got a bowling balls and dragged Mackenna to the the abowling lane

"Now Barbie, stay focused and roll the ball." I said to her.

"Stay focused." She chanted and rolled her first ball. Unfortunately, the black ball didn't even touch a pin.

"Aw, fuck it." She grumbled walking past me but I gripped her wrist and slowly twirled her to stand in front of me.

"Barbie, never give up." I cupped her cheeks looking down at her.

"What's the point? It's taking me no where." She frowned.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked and she punched me.

"Oh sorry but listen to me, never give up. If you fall many times, rise up and try again. No matter how frustrating it is.  Giving up something can have and impact on you, Sadly, the impact will be bad because anytime you try to tackle something and you fail at it,  you'll give up and such behaviour doesn't add up to success, believe yourself Barbie." I advised.

"Okay!" She blew threw out a pout.

"And listen carefully." I began sliding my hands down her arms to hold her hands.

"Aspire to acquire your desire, even if you perspire,  don't retire but refire to acquire your aspired desire." I said and she scrunched her brows.

"Huh?" She whined.

"Don't worry you'll understand." I sighed and turned herself to face her lane.

"You can do this Barbie, remember that." I said and she nodded vigorously. I gave her a bowling balls and she muttered some stuff before she rolled it on the ground.

There were five pins and she knocked down four.

"Yes! Thanks Angelo!" She squealed and rushed towards me. She went on her toes and wrapped her arms around my neck giggling.

I chuckled, put my hand on her waist and hoisted her up slightly and we hugged for a while.

"You're welcome." I muffled into her hair.

"Ugh guys we're like.. here..like now." Arjun scoffed and I let go of her.

"Like..whatever." Mackenna said and the six of us chuckled.

***
Mackenna's POV

''Angelo and you are so cutel" Angela squealed.

"So are you and Nolan," I chucked she blushed.

"OK see ya." I sighed hopping out of her car to enter my house.

I went inside and saw Cadwell, at the hall with some of his friends who were watching football. Ever since I told him to piss off he had barely spoken to me and I was glad, because I finally have my peace of mind.

I went upstairs to my room and once I was there, I went for a shower, wore my nightwear and laid on my bed with a sigh.

I just realised that I liked Angelo, a lot. And I knew I had to tell him one day or another, but for now, I need to wait.

_______________________

Chill, we're there..almost 😉