Zero

ZERO

LYING to my mum was a lot easier than I over thought it to be. Her getting married - again - wasn't exactly a surprise to me when I arrived back from Emma's. 

"Listen honey, I understand that-"  My head couldn't absorb any more bullshit from my mother. Even if my father was murdered by her 'accidentally' years ago, didn't mean I would ever forgive her for what she did, because I swear she did it on purpose. 

"You understand what mother?" I spat at her violently, as she stood in the kitchen looking like a housewife from the fifties in that yellow dress I'd always thought was horrid. "That I hate going to your weddings because they remind how quickly you got over dad? Because I hate you the woman who seperated me from him in the first place?" 

Her face hardened at my last statement, and if this was a cartoon steam would be pouring out of her ears any second. "You know I never killed your father Krissy, I just- you don't understand!"

"No mum, I don't." I said to her as I turned towards the stairs in this hell house in which i'm imprisoned. 

She sighed, before putting a hand on my shoulder as I was about to turn up the stairs. "Listen, the weddings four months from now, on the 7th. You can come if you wish, bring a date. Oh and your school formals this weekend, you're going."

"What?!" I exclaimed at the blonde barbie woman I had claimed to hate - whether I came out her womb or not - and fully faced her. "No, I'm not going to the school dance!"

She turned back to the kitchen and continued cooking whatever abomination she was cooking while speaking to me. "I want you to have a normal childhood memory, that doesn't involve us arguing or any family mourning's, I've set out a dress for you upstairs. Find a date, or else.

Letting out a animal like groan and storming up the stairs, I entered my room. I slammed the mahogany dark wooden door and stared at the fancy cloths stirring along my double bed. 

The dress was horrendous, and that was a nice way to put it. Fair enough, if I had to go to this goddamn school dance then at least I could wear something I designed myself. Or well almost.

Holiday started to blare out of my phone as I checked the caller ID before sliding the green bar. 

"Emma long time no see," I moved the dress onto a chair in my room as I laid on my bed, crossing over my ugg-booted feet. 

She laughed a light laugh before shuffling was heard. "You seen me twenty minutes ago, anyway hows it going and I have some news."

"Spill, and my 'mum' is forcing me to go to the dance this weekend, meaning I have four damn days to find a date and she's getting married again."

If I had never knew Emma was on the phone, I swear I would of mistaken her for a moose in need of serious medical attention. But I did know it was Emma on the phone, and she was laughing her ass off. 

"You at the school dance? Oh god, and hey, if you're looking for a date go to rentafriend.com easy-peasy." She told me as I sat up suddenly, pulling up Google on my laptop and putting in the website." 

This was certainly going to be an interesting week. 

-;-;-;-;-

*edited*

wow my short stories were- are so bad lol.