epilogue

EPILOGUE TRIGGER WARNING

Kneeling before the stone that held him beneath me as I smiled lightly, tracing his words that had been engraved on the grey stone.

"Life is too short to keep the same boring hair colour,"

Laughing a little under my breath, I set down the red roses next to his stone - along with the white roses his mother had left. Not knowing what to stay, I kept that uncomfortable slience that we usually had when he was here. Rustling was heard behind me and turned around to be met with nothing, my heart beating almost out of my chest.

"Stop coming here Kris," A small yelp met my mouth as a vision of Michael sitting next to me was seen.

Fucking hell, I'm turning schizophrenic.

"I miss you, so fucking much Michael. I'm nothing without you," I told him, tears filling my eyes.

Trying to reach out to him, my hand just went straight through him causing him to disappear. Running a hand through my hair I stood up to get ready to leave, I knew this wasn't normal. Getting in my car - which I had finally gathered up the courage to drive - I began the twenty minute drive home. Luke had lended me a copy of their bands single they had, which Michael had apparently written named 'the only reason'so i put it on the car to listen to.

I knew Michael had skills in songwriting but i didn't know he was this good, and this effective...

Is it too late to bring us back to life?

We came to a red light as I leaned my head against the steering wheel, as a beep of the horn brought me back out of place and I continued driving. God I needed help.

Once reaching home, I saw a note from my mum on the table telling me she'd be late home and that there was pizza in the oven. Michael loved pizza. Fuck.

The oven beeped no less than two minutes later, as I brought out the heavenly pepperoni slices - but I couldn't even force a bite down my throat without choking and tearing up. Damn you Clifford. I'd never cared this deeply about any one before, anyone except from my father.

I shut my eyes tightly, trying to make the voices in my head. Emma and Luke had left for college early this morning, leaving me alone as Nicole and Calum spent the week at Nicoles parents who stayed out of town, and I sort of didn't want to disturb Ashton and Lauren - as god knows what they're up to.

So I was alone, and I picked up my phone to find yet another horrible message from this girl in my year. Who claimed to be Michaels ex girlfriend.

I bet michael dilabratly drove his car into that tree just to get away from you - amber

Amber Green was one of the other popular girls. But she had ginger hair, so most people called her red to annoy her. She was a complete bitch, and was constantly trying to ruin peoples lives when they were getting more atention than her.

Right now, it was working. She was making me just want to disappear, to end all thhe pain.

To join Michael.

Running upstairs, tears forming in my eyes I splashed cold water on my face. Breathing heavily. My chest beginning to feel tight as I couldn't breath.

Sliding down the ice cold tiles, my hands finding the bottle of pills. Something screaming at me to take them, something telling me it was for the best.

My phone lit up yet again. go ahead, do it. the worlds better without you slut.

That pushed me over the edge, I ripped off the cap, half of the pills beginning to fall to the floor - but I tipped the remainder in my hand and got an ice cold glass of water, taking them repeatedly. Each pill like an insult to my head.

Your a wannabe slut, one.

You used michael for popularity, two.

I bet he drove dilabretly into that tree, three.

It kept going, until I felt my eyes droop shut slowly and darkness take over. This was it.

This was the end. But also the beginning.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-

the end.