Chapter 6

Third POV

In the midst of the snow-covered field, stood a tall shadow-like figure.

The skin of this beautiful creature was as pale as snow, the lips were as red as blood, the eyes were fierce with a hint of crimson hidden behind his black eyes. Underneath those heart-melting eyes were purple bruises, like he could need a good nights sleep. His dark shoulder length hair danced in the breeze as the sun shone down onto his perfect features, revealing a beautiful man.

He looked like a tribute for a Greek God, standing there motionless and keeping his distance between the other vampyrs, he observed her. He walked forward, his slender body purchased some muscles in his arms and biceps. He had a strong jawline and high cheekbones. His features were impossibly beautiful, everything about his appearance was unbelievable, yet unconditional.

He was Blade, her body guard.

There was something uncanny about him; something that made her feel as if she was betraying Dareios every time she looked at him.

He left her perplexed, intrigued.

His long, white, loose fitted shirt folded up to his veiny elbows looked to be the exact hue of his skin, and did nothing to shadow his appeal. His black trousers hinted at strong legs that looked to be just as muscular as his arms.

The man was oozing with sex appeal, and he did nothing but just be.

As he held the sword in his right hand, an air of elegance followed him with every swift movement of his arm and body.

Today, they would be practicing the art of swordsmanship and how to become a better fighter. Dressed in her combats outfits, she waited patiently all the while shaking like a leaf.

The weather was below negative zero degrees, but he did not look bothered at all, in fact, none of the other vampyrs did. They went around and about as if it was summer. She also noticed that it gets very cold in Etheria and Winter was the main season here.

Seeing her uncomfortableness, Blade came to her, and said:

"If we start now, you shall not feel as cold as before. Get thine sword and let us start."

She did as he said, despite feeling like she was thrown in Antarctica. One would think that being a vampyr would prevent her from feeling this kind of feeling.

"To become a swordsman, one must be one with his sword. He must feel the movement from the air, and swing it according to it. The energy from within, combined with the weight of the weapon should aligned to produce an effective swing," he explained in a calm, smooth voice, "similar to this..." one swift swing of his sword made the movement look so natural, as if really the sword was part of him.

So with that she tried following his lead, but the task was much harder to complete. They spent hours practicing that one move. Left hand, right hand, slow swings, fast swings; they had practiced everything, and by the end of the day when the sun was all but gone and proficiency level had been mastered by the Queen, they had sat on the cold snow, looking at the stars in the sky.

The air was serene and peaceful with no one in sight.

Everyone had retired to go hunting, the wind was blowing softly. For one moment, ranks and titles were forgotten, and all that mattered was the need to bathe in this beautiful silence. They said nothing, instead sat side-by-side, enjoying the short time where no attacks or disturbance took place.

"True blooded vampyrs do not really feel the cold, for their body do not have the luxury to feel anything but pain," Blade declared, breaking the tranquil silence, "newly turned vampyrs, not being accustomed to the curse, do. They hurt, feel, and for a small period of time, still produce actual tears and not bloodied ones."