Chapter 8

"The enemy has attacked, Your Highness!"

Declared a guard into Eve's chambers. Barging his way in there, he had forgotten all manners taught to him during guard training.

Poor Eve, not having had the time to change, gave the intruder quite the show. Her silky nightgown still on her, showcased all her goods to the rude visitor. Her voluptuous breast could be seen very clearly through her scandalous robe; they stood tall and proud, with big and impressive areolas. Her curvaceous and pale figure were the perfect contrast against the black, see-through fabric.

The old Evangelina would have hidden away in shame and embarrassment, for no one but her husband could see that much of her. This new Eve, however, did the total opposite, she smirked flirtily. She had no one to save herself for, and no reputation to uphold or maintain. Looking at him, he possessed the signature beauty trademark that all vampyrs bore. Strong physique, perfect features, and even agility. Perhaps she could make use of him if she ever became bored...

The poor guard? He was mortified. If this had happened when the former king was alive, he would have been long dead. If vampyr could blush, he would have been beat red by now. The Queen was a sight to behold, and everything about her was perfect. He hoped with all of his heart that she is merciful enough to not decapitate him for stumbling upon her naked.

Bowing in shame, he whispered, "My apologies, Your Majesty, but something has happened," he uttered more calmer this time.

"Oh my, what could ever happen to force this intrusion," whispered an amused Eve, now more curious than ever about what would call for such lack of mannerisms.

"The sun, Your Highness, it has not set..." stated the panicked guard again.

You see, Vampyrs were night creatures. They only fared well in the dark, if the sun had stopped setting, this would cause the death of many. Whoever was behind all this, had planned everything perfectly.

"Arrange for a meeting with the council! And bring the most powerful witch with them!" Queen Evangelina exclaimed, this was the beginning of the end.

******

"You have called upon us Your Majesty," stated Alzerius, Dareios former right-hand man and best companion in an effort to appease the grave-like silence within the room. Alzerius, according to what the King told Eve, he was a man to be trusted, but for some reason, he seemed to be a bit odd to the Queen.

All the councils and court members were assembled around the big table in the Royal Office to discuss the matter at hand. All the affluent members of the vampyrs officials were also present. One could not just be present if he or she was known for being part of the opulent majority.

Clearing her throat, Eve drew out the royal power given to her and spoke, "It has been brought to me that the sun had not set today. Gentlemen, we have a bit of a situation here."

Alarmed whispers broke out from within the room and side conversations all had taken place, disregarding what the Queen had said. They all knew what that meant, if something was not done to solve this issue, many would be going to hell, and this time, for good. Vampyrs may have been strong species, but they were defenseless when faced to the sun's glorious rays. The only ones who would have a slight chance at surviving were the halflings, or hybrid vampyrs mixed with other species, or the newly turned like the Queen, who still had humane traits and attributes. The novice queen had nothing to be flustered over, they did, or so they all thought.

Suddenly, a thick mist of black cloud formed itself into the room, temporarily blinding everyone. Eve smirked, she had appeared.

"I have been summoned by thee," a squeak-like voice declared, its owner, a woman who looked to have been alive since the first creation. It sounded weak and almost dead, although aged, it spoke of confidence and power.

The hunched woman's bottom right half of her face sagged down, given her the permanent the impression of always scowling. Her tiny, screwed up eyes were hidden beneath the deep folds of her skin. Her jaw jutted out at such an angle, it was a miracle that it did not break. She had a long crooked nose which was assembled with a hairy mole right above her eye. It looked as though her nose had been broken several times, and it was now wonkier than a helter skelter. The creases of her brow were so deep that they seemed to be just flaps of skin, surely no-one could possibly be that hideous?

But still, her needles klacked-klacked as her gnarled claws held onto them. Her hair grew in bunches. Greasy grey coils thinning and glistening in the dim light. A row of glistening yellow teeth were encrusted in inky black plague and raw, bleeding gums. Her tongue was as grotesque and warped as the rest of her; a shiny purple thing, which would not hesitate to lash out and hit you with a torrent of verbal abuse. It was horrendous.

One minute, she would be gnawing on a chicken bone, and the next-

Swish!

With only a snap of her pudgy and rough looking fingers, her skin was stretched and was clipped. It no longer sagged around her face. Her eyes appeared to have become bigger, now that they were no longer half hidden. Her hair thickened and was washed and softened into long, luscious midnight-black waves. Her Jaw pushed back and her nose straightened and shrunk. Her hands were healed, the arthritis finally gone. Her teeth were scrubbed and levelled out. Her gums were cleansed. She was no longer hunched, but stood straight and proud, and her previously ill-fitted clothes were replaced with a majestic white, simple, silky gown.

She was beautiful.

Chuckling lightly, an amused General Demetrius, the quieter of the bunch, offered "Always one to make a great entrance Sruaira."

Evangelina was baffled, this was the most powerful witch in the kingdom? She was impressed.

"Well, the tension had been relieved, did it not? Me thinks 'tis worth it," with a light smile and a shake of her head, witch Sruairas had put everyone at ease, and the previous din was gone.

Out of nowhere, her eyes dilated, the iris shining light, black mist appeared again. Looking up towards the ceiling, the witch chanted an incoherent chant. No one in the room seemed to understand what was being said.

Entranced, Sruairas commenced:

"The final mean

The final test

The price of a sin

Shall hunt back its nest

What started with bloodshed

Shall end in thousand deaths

But forever amongst the dead

One shall revive its last breaths."

Abruptly, Sruairas ceased her predictions.

Amongst the crowd however, one brave soul asked the one question burning through everyone's mind. One foolish soul asked the question that all knew the answer to. One lost soul sought to ask the unavoidable,

"What does that entail?"

It could have been anyone, but no one worried or cared the least bit. The tension that was once lessened by Sruairas, now had made itself home into the room again. They knew they all knew what that meant.

Silence. None could reply, for they knew, they knew damned well that meant.

Death was approaching...

So Chapter 8 Darlings!!!! I'm sorry for the late update, but y'know it's still one. I am not feeling this chapter too much, so it would mean the world to me if you lovely people would tell me what you thought of it. Was it good, bad, alright, terrible? Again, don't forget to pint out my mistakes so I could change them.

Chapter 9 is on Inkitt if you guys wanna read ahead. And Plz, check out my other side work "Valtor," on both here on Wattpad and Inkitt! Leave a comment and review on what you guys think of it so far.

And don't forget to,

Vote,

Comment,

And Follow.

Stay safe my darlings...