Chapter 7

The small infant sobbed into Evangelina's chest  unceasingly, small hands clutching at her gown, seeming to seek her breast to sate his apparent hunger.

She held him in silence, rocking him slowly as his tears soaked her chest. As his tiny hands sought her bosoms, she moved them away, knowing that her vampyric body could produce no milk to feed him.  A tiny lapse let him pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before he collapsed again, his pitiful hiccups and cries of misery worsening. The hunger must have come in waves, minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths, before hurling him back into the outstretched arms of his despair.

Eve's heart ached for the need that she could not satisfy within this small babe.

When the crying bairn realized that he would not be getting milk from her, small fangs appeared out of nowhere, and in his fit of anger, had bitten his mother's breast. Long gush of blood was flowing, and the infant happily suckled on it, finding it pleasant and sweet enough to satisfy his hunger.

Looking down happily at the babe, Eve found herself staring intently into his blood red eyes that reminded her of the one person she ever loved...

Eyes snapped open, Evangelina was covered in a cold sweat. She was shaking, her almost deceased heart was  pounding, and her faint breathing was heavy. As she looked around the room suspiciously in her sudden paranoia, she realized that Blade was at the entrance of her door chamber like always, and was now intensely staring at her but said nothing. He must have thought of her as a crazed being, for even after three months, she still showed human-like attributes.

Somehow, she was shivering, her head spun in circles and eyes seemed unfocused as she tirelessly  tried to fully awaken.

That was a terrible nightmare...

Images flashed through her head all at once, as painful reminders once more resurfaced, and she was prompted to remember what she had lost.

Gone, it was gone.

He was gone. It might have happened when she was suddenly changed into a vampyr, or after she had died, or could have been caused by Dareios's death...

But she lost it, forever.

As Eve lowered her body back into a lying position and stared at the ceiling, she wondered why she had been subjected to such dire misfortune? Losing one was not enough, but losing two and never being able to forget about them was simply cruel.

There have been times when she had to struggle to keep her eyes closed without an overwhelming image of an infant appearing in her dreams, and she alone, had to deal with this small piece of reality, for no one else knew. No one could feel her grief, her pain and heartache, her deep sorrow.

Wrapping her arms around her midriff in comfort, small bloodied tears dropped from her eyes to her white satin nightgown, instantly staining it.

Eve felt as if she had been torn open from the inside, this deep ache in her chest was not disappearing, and she wanted to forget about it.

Looking up to find Blade staring at her with barely a hint of curiosity, still ever the more emotionless, she pleadingly whispered the question that would change everything:

"May I hug you Blade? Just for a moment."

The question must have startled him because although he remained motionless, his eyes blinked a few times, as if he could not comprehend this sudden request.

It had taken him quite some time to compose himself and find a reply, but when he did, his answer was said almost too certainly,

"I have pledged allegiance to be at your service Your Highness, and that includes my body."

Eve arose from her bed hesitant yet determined, and slowly made her way towards Blade. She knew what she would have to do to make herself forget, although she knew that she would come soon to hate it.

Coming up to him, his towering height seemed intimidating. She all too soon forgot her purpose for being this close to him in the first place.

Still skeptical, she paused mid-step. Her heart was pounding, pounding louder than it ever did since her beloved's death. It was as if she were transformed into a human again, driven by her emotions.

Turning around, and losing courage, she circled her arms around her waist timidly.

What was she doing, this was wrong.

Seconds later, she heard him walk up behind her. Turning around she saw his blank face, and whispering almost inaudibly, he slowly encouraged her to continue on with her actions, "Ye mustn't turn, this is about you. As a vampyr queen, thou shall take all things ye desire.

Her heart skipped a beat again, feeling a desire run from her faintly beating heart, to her chest, and down toward her inner thighs, a newly found hunger awakened inside of her.

His finger touched her neck with feather-like touches, making the hair on her neck stand, as it was moved away nearly giving her the chills.

Having had enough, she turned around to face him. As she guided her hands from the sides of his head and down to his neck, out to his shoulders and down to his hands, all thoughts of logic disappeared. He suddenly grabbed her hands gently yet firmly, put them in front of her and paused.

Soft and smooth. For a man, his hands were surprisingly soft and gentle, as if he had never done any hard labor in his life.

Oodly enough, she felt safe in his presence although he spoke no words. Her heart gave the impression of wanting to beat out of her chest and she closed her eyes to take a deep breath out.

Evangelina kissed his shoulder, and ran her lips onto his skin towards his ear and blew softly, but didn't quite make it that far. He tilted his head and after her deep breath out, she gently bit. It should have hurt for he was also a vampyr,but it only made him want more.

He stared into her eyes, but still said nothing.

His eyes betrayed him and exuded the emotions that his body could not tell: protection, security, safety, patience, and fear.

The Queen smiled and she let go of his hands, with one hand she ran her fingers through his hair and gently guided his face closer to hers, eventually leaning him in, to rest his head on her bosom. Her other arm wrapped around him, seeking the comfort that he was willing to give her, all the while hoping that this moment does not end.

As promised, here's the rest of ch 7. Chapter 8 is up on Inkitt and will be uploaded here on Wattpad in due times. 

Be safe my darlings, and please wash your hands lovelies.

Don;'t forget to

Vote,

Comment,

And Follow......................