Ch 18

'The bitter truth'

'The bitter truth'

"Tell me something Clay. Was it worth it?" I asked closing the door behind me so no one else could hear our conversation.

"Was what worth it?" He asked his voice coated with annoyance.

"Power. Was the power worth destroying your family. Was the power worth turning your daughter into a monster?" I pulled my gun out pointing it at him. My hand didn't shake like I aspected it to. My heart didn't beat faster and my breath didn't hitch. I was completely calm as I brought a gun to my fathers chest.

"Go ahead." He dared. I switched off the safety waiting for him to flinch. "You won't do it. I know you better then you think I do."

I pointed the gun at his foot pulling the trigger. Screams ripples through the clubhouse as I walked over to my father and kissed his cheek. "If you can't ride you can't be apart of the club isn't that right Clay?"

"You little bitch!" He yelled after me as I walked out into the bar all eyes on me.

"Someone should probably help him." No one moved.

~~

Clay Morrow had never been a good father, a good friend, or a good husband. In truth Clay Morrow had just simply never been a good man. He was power hungry and only cared about himself. Although he preached of family coming first he did not practice such things. It was no wonder that at the end of the day his own daughter turned on him taking his club with her. Or at least that is what people would whisper when his name fluttered across the obituary page. There would no be his life was taken to soon comments, because Clay Morrow was a virus. I had know this most of my life, but now was the only time I believed it 100%. The good I hoped was deep inside of him simply did not exist.

"When you said my fathers death should be at the hands of his own club did you say it because you were a coward or because you believed that Mr Galindo? I didn't realize in our field you played by such rules." I smirked as I entered the cartel bosses office.

"I don't even recognize you as the girl I met those months ago," Miguel mused. "And if I'm being honest I like that."

"Oh? And was is it you like about that?" I inquire.

"Strong women deserve there place in this world Adelaide, just as much if not more then the strong men."

"I'm glad you agree because I don't intend to back down."

~~

It had almost been a month since I shot my father and to his disappointment he was still unable to ride his bike meaning his time in the sons was coming to an end. I thought it would be bitter sweet watching his downfall but to me it was just sweet. Like a sick form of justice I never knew I needed.
"You'll regret this," my father spat when I walked into the clubhouse. "I'll make you regret it."

"I don't think you will. You see these men. The ones you call brothers, they love me more then they ever loved you." A gun shot rippled through the air. A loud scream of a women bounced through my mind. Then the world got dark.