Ch 13

'A game of chess'

'A game of chess'

"It's been two days little girl what did you decide? Am I putting a bounty on your fathers head?" Miguel questioned.

"Will it bring me the satisfaction I crave? Or will I still be this hollow shell?" I snap back.

"Personally I think this conflict should be resolved in your club. By your club. Not by me." Miguel replied. I nodded slowly knowing he was right. Of course he was right. A man like him didn't get to the position he was in by being wrong. "So I solved your riddle the prospect is a rat."

"So what's going to become of him?" I feel guilty again. "Why not just tell the club and let them handle it?"

"Nothing will become of him. I'm using this to my advantage. He contacts my wife and I throw him to the wolves." Miguel explains.

"You don't trust your wife?"

"Love can make us do stupid things. It would be wise to remember that Adelaide. I'll be calling you in the future, but for now we are no longer in need of your services."

~~

I showed up at EZ's house a few hours later unsure of what to do, but when he answered the door with no emotion in his face I knew Miguel had been here.
"I can't do this," I mumbled as the man looked at me expressionless. "It has my family in shambles. They're threatening your life." Lies left my lips easier then the truth.

"I didn't take you for a coward." He snapped. "And it doesn't matter if they kill me my club will get to it first."

"What are you talking about?"

"Someone knows I'm a rat and is going to tell. You're not safe here anymore. I love you but you're right we can't do this." The words I love you bounced around my head.

"Let's run away." I couldn't help myself. "We can leave this all behind. Start fresh."

"Running doesn't solve anything. Please just go Adi." I stopped the door from closing in my face and stared at the man for a moment longer.

"Did you mean it? Did you actually mean it when you said you loved me?!"

"Yes, but love won't save us. Please just go."

~~

I stormed into Juices room the minute I made it back to TM. There was a new fire inside of me as EZ's voice still danced around my mind.

"Do you love me?" I spat when I found Juice with a crow eater kneeling infront of him. "You said you did, but here you are. So do you?"

"It's not that easy Adi." He pushed her off pulling up His pants as fast as he could. "Adelaide wait!"

"For what Juice? You already gave me an answer. Now I know what choice I need to make." I kissed him letting it linger. "I was right saying you only wanted me because I was going to be with someone else. So keep wanting because I choose him."

"Your relationship is a lie!" Juice yelled.

"It might be, but so was ours. I love you Juice, but I can't keep doing this. It's not fair to either of us."