Mallowmelt

Hello everyone! Welcome to the long awaited Sophitz Oneshots I talked about, asked someone to create a cover for, and never published. Well here it is! Everyone, please welcome the absolutely cliche, fun, cute, romantic oneshots! 

Sophie had been working on her mallowmelt for so long the room was spinning and she couldn't see straight. It was way late at night-Fitz still wasn't home from his work as an Emissiary and she wanted to make something special for him after his long day of work. 

Obviously, nothing was going the way she wanted it to. Batter was all over the counter, there were tons of bowls sitting in the sink unwashed, and the amount of marshmallow cream jars strewn around the room was unimaginably large. Her hair was a mess, and she wished she'd never started this and just bought him mallowmelt instead. 

She stumbled into the living room, where she decided to rest for just a little bit. She resisted the strong urge to tug an eyelash-she was working on getting rid of that habit. She never knew how many of her eyelashes were lying around the house until she cleaned up today-again, trying to make things nicer for Fitz. She knew he had went on a hard mission, and he would enjoy if she cleaned up the place. 

She heard the oven beep suddenly, and she abruptly stood up, running to the kitchen. 

It. Was. A. Mess. 

It looked like the mallowmelt had exploded all over the oven. It was so burnt it was black. There was batter all over  the oven and it had dripped down over the edge of the pan. She sunk down to the ground, her patience had tipped over the edge. She opened the oven, removed the mallowmelt, and slammed it back closed. She took a bite out of it and and spit it out. It was disgusting. 

That was the last straw for her patience that day. She turned, hurled the mallowmelt at the wall, and watched it hit the wall with a bang and drip down the wall. She sunk down the to floor and began to cry, the tears falling faster and faster.  The clock read 12:00am. Fitz was scheduled to come back in half an hour, and she'd have nothing to show for all her efforts. 

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and Sophie stood up, instantly alert. The Neverseen has gone into hiding for the past month, and when she was alone, and weak, was a great time for them to attack. Without Fitz and like this.....she hated how weak she was. 

She crept towards the door and peeked out through the hallway. 

"Sophie?" A gentle, soft voice asked from behind her. 

She turned around slowly and met those perfect, amazing, bright, incredibly perfect teal eyes. And suddenly, she burst into tears all over again. 

"Hey, what happened?" He asked as she fell into his arms, her tears soaking his tunic. She couldn't choke out the words, and began to cry a fresh bout of tears. "Hey, don't cry." He said softly, tracing circles onto her back. Eventually she calmed down, rocking in his arms. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "I'd tried to do something nice for you and-" Fitz shushed her gently and kissed her forehead. "It's ok." He said, hugging her tighter. "I didn't need you to do anything for me-except be here when I got home." 

She showed him the kitchen, where he had the nerve to laugh a little at it. "Come on, Sophie! We can clean it together." He said, kissing her cheek and then running to get cleaning supplies. Sophie began to wash the dishes, thinking about how amazing Fitz was.

I truly, truly don't deserve him. 

She thought, But what I do know is that I love him. 

He ran back into the room, a smile on his face as he hugged her and then shoved a sponge into her arms. "Get cleaning!" He smiled, and her heart fluttered with that all so familiar love for him. 

And he loves me. 

Sorry about the immense shortness! I'm not used to writing these, so.....yeah! Did you enjoy? I hope you did! Please comment and leave a vote! It would be so appreciated :) 

Thanks so much for reading and have a great day! Bye! 

~𝕟𝕒𝕠𝕞𝕚~