Chapter 43

IM SORRY I WAS MEANT TO UPDATE ON THURS BUT I KEPT COMING TO WATTPAD AND FORGETTING WHAT I CAME FOR 😭😂
Haha. ANYYWAYYY, enjoy sweetsss😚❤️

P.S to my early readers. I edited chapter 25 AND IT IS VERY RELEVANT:It draws on the story name 'Aurora' so if you see Luca referring to the BELOW please remember this scene😭😂

Chapter 25 edit:
"Is it even physically possible to sleep through blaring alarms AND me? Your mother named you so fucking accurately... Aurora...sleeping...bea-sty"

I let out a groan in frustration. Sleeping bea-sty? 0 points to Ross for his "humour".

Luca paused, checking to see if I was awake

OK THATS ALL BYE LUVSSS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.
-

After a lunch out, we returned to Luca's house where Ross and Kali sat, patiently waiting for us.

Ross reacted to my arrival with a grunt and  managed to boost my serotonin levels the moment I walked in, "Here she is. The female Haddon."

"That could make her Luca's wife, clever bastard." Kali laughed, winking suggestively at me.

"No. Thank you."
I said, shaking my head. Though, the title sounded pleasing. 'Aurora Haddon'. Quickly brushing the thought away, I looked over at Luca to ensure he didn't hear a word, but of course he heard every word.

He suddenly perked up, "That's the last thing I'd do". He shuddered, "Why would you even think of it?!."

"You bastard!" I said, moving out of his hearing range after feeling slightly wounded from his disgust towards the thought of marrying me. Scratch that, I was badly wounded.

Ross turned his palm upwards, revealing a gun,  reloading it and aiming it at the dummy across the living room. "Pew."

"That's the new assault rifle model I've been dying to get my hands on. It's a gem. Didn't think we'd be using guns but turns out Thomas' business is more dangerous than we thought. It's full of Russians and Brits who've trained to inflict destruction."
Kali chirruped, pointing at the rifle in Ross' hand to Jared and Armie.

"Well I've got a pistol from 1995 but no one decided to upgrade mine and I'm a damn  officer!"

"Well now you know Officer- there's lots of crime you are missing out on combatting."

Armie coughed, saying something which was incomprehensible to Kali, "God forbid there will be about 20 broken laws with that gun on you."

I wrinkled my nose, trying to focus on something more appropriate- like the tabletop.

"Armie...keep it PG goddamnit," Jared whispered-when Kali walked over to Ross and demanded he hand it back.
He stared at her, with plead in his eyes, before reluctantly handing it to her in defeat.
"I'm better suited to using this.." he grunted.

"For the sake of us all-keep it UNIVERSAL PLEASE ARMIE"I cried, in response to hearing his dirty thoughts.

Jared cackled, shaking his head.

Kali returned, taking a seat next to me on the breakfast bar, "So I've been thinking...this Malia...we could have a little fun by making her contemplate her whole life....."
Her suggestion was cheeky and I gasped.

"Kali! She did try to be the perfect best friend regardless how FAKE it was." I admitted, remembering the times where we had talk sessions or movie nights. But, I realised they were all to mask her grand plan...Of killing me. Amazing. Simply amazing and psychotic.

"Well she failed and she tried to kill you. The LEAST we can do is embarrass her. And the bonus item....is Thomas' phone. Curtesy of an unlocked Luca's office."

I felt myself bubble with excitement, "You're a bad influence Kali- you know that??"

I remembered how many times Malia took me to college parties,  got a tad bit drunk and left me to talk to other people. I'd never had a good party and never liked them-I'd only go so that she didn't have to arrive or leave alone. Moreover, many times Armie was forced to pick us up in his beautiful BMW due to Malia becoming too drunk to walk.

Although they weren't what you'd imagine a teenage party to be like with 40 odd people dancing drunkenly, sex, drugs and all- they were still intimidating as I couldn't even start a conversation. I simply didn't belong in that kind of life.

Only a few people would attend 'just to meet up for a drink with their class mates' and 'help each other with assignments'. In teen terms it meant get distracted with drinks therefore it turned into a code for party.

"Right. Bad is my middle name. Let's do something quick before Luca comes back. We've got other plans soon so VITE VITE! Spill the ideas then."

"But his passcode-" I started.

Kali laughed, "You clearly don't know us,  darling."

She summoned Ross and by magic, he knew what to do when Kali said "For information purposes we need to unlock Thomas' phone."

Ross took it off her hands and played with the home screen for a few seconds before chuckling before all 4 of us in the room turned to him in confusion.

He looked up and stopped laughing for a few seconds, "Oh- no. It's nothing. It's just that...this idiot didn't have a passcode on his phone"

He continued laughing before handing the phone back to Kali and leaving the room in hysteria.

"Well...I...kinda expected that. Jared and I did look at his house the other night and did find it strange to see it that clean"

Kali went straight to messages and scrolled to find her name. I dreaded the messages and rightly so.

Hey, aurora called last night. Did you get there okay?

Well I got here in one piece of thats what you're wandering.

K good, ly, it's for the best. She will understand. She has to.

Yes she does

-
3 weeks ago

Call me
-
2 weeks ago

Thomas ?
-
7 days ago

Did you leave your phone in the old house? Hey!!! You are worrying me
-

Kali and I looked at each other. We had a mental conversation, and quickly decided on what to say.

Meet me at the pier today at 6.

On a piece of notepaper, wrote a note in which I imitated Thomas's handwriting.

Thanks for the cover, you're a good friend for doing this. I couldn't make it today but I hope you have a good rest of your life . I've moved on from this city with a girl I've loved my entire life and I think you would love her! Good luck and thanks,
-T

We looked at each other again and laughed.
A few moments into our fit of giggles, Luca strolled in, clapping his hands to grasp our attention.

"We're going to the club ladies and gents. Three of the retreats- as declared by Ross, hang out there every Friday evening so be ready by 6."

"And now? We have two hours to kill." I questioned Luca, looking at my watch. For two hours I'd need to be entertained.

Kali smirked, "Now...Luca has been forced to teach you some basic defence at the gym on my request whilst I go to the Pier to drop off our lovely little note."

I let out a breath, slowly, "...he what?!"