6

Lauren's POV:

As we made our way back onto the bus, Bubba wouldn't stop squealing about what happened.
"I just met Corey freakin Seager! Holy shit!"

I giggled at her, "Calm down Bubs."

"I know but I just can't. He is so much cuter in person."

She somewhat settled down as we found our seats on the bus.

"So did he actually come?" Stevie asked, seating right behind Bubba and I.

Before I could answer, Bubba whisper-yelled "Yep, and he was there with Corey Seager!"

"Damn I should've came with you guys. I'm jealous."

"Yeah, you should've seen Lo get all flustered and blushy for a second time today." Bubba teased.

"Shut up." I murmured, playfully shoving her.

"Oooo, what did the Dreamboat have to say." Stevie asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Technically, my Dreamboat said it."

Stevie looked between the two of us, confused.

"Corey, just called me Cody's girl."

She gasped, wanting to hear more. "Dam, I see you Lo."

I buried my face in my palms. "We stood in silence after that."

I could her Stevie smack her face with her hand. "I can feel the second hand nerves from here."

"It's ok Lo, I'm positive Cody likes you." Bubba said in attempt to comfort me.

"I don't think that's the problem though."

"If it's about Alex I swear." Stevie whisper-yelled.

I meekly nodded my head.

"Sis, what is you doing?"

"I don't know."

After that, my friends got the hint that I wasn't in the mood to talk and left me to my thoughts for the rest of the trip.

Right before Cody texted me, Alex hit me up. He sent a very long paragraph saying sorry, how much he misses me, and explained that he didn't feel the same without me.

His words circled around in my head like sharks. It was too much. My eyes were watering by the time I was finished. He stills loves me.

After, that Alex asked me to go out with him again. Hesitant to give him a direct answer, I simply told him that I would think about it. He understood and we left it at that.

There was about a million things that could wrong with this potential date but I was willing to give him another chance.

Then my phone went off again, this time from Cody.

Cody Bellinger, the baseball super-star who seemed just too good for me. He was Rookie of the Year in 2017 and was such a gentlemen in the few moments we've been together. There was something about him that was drawing me to him. I couldn't figure it out.

"Lo, we're here." Bubba softly tapped my shoulder.

I jumped at her touch, since I was in a very deep thought.

"Woah, you alright." She giggled.

"Yeah, just thinking." I answered, blandly.

"Alright." She said giving me a small smile.

I hopped out of the bus with my gear and went up to the room with Stevie.

"Listen Lauren, if you need to talk I'm here." Stevie voiced.