12

Lauren's POV:

I just got out of the shower when I realized Cody had called me and left me a voicemail .

I managed to somewhat get over the baseball player and mentally prepped myself to go on a date with Alex today. So, that meant me making a compromise with myself. If this date goes well, I won't open his voicemail at all and if it doesn't then I will open it. Not because I feel the need to be with someone. It's because something in me still wanted to be at least friends with him.

I pushed the thought of Cody to the side as I picked out an outfit for me to wear today. Deciding on a white button up shirt and jean shorts. I finished up my makeup, tied on some white vans and called out to Stevie that I was leaving.

Alex suggested that he pick me up and we go to this little ice cream shop that we used to go so much back when we were dating. It was an adorable little place that had more complex flavors than vanilla and chocolate and I was excited to eat some ice cream.

As soon as I stepped out, Alex pulled up. Which was surprising because he was never on time for anything.

He waved at me from the inside of the car. I waved back with the happiest grin on my face.

"Hi." I greeted a bit awkwardly.

"Hey." He paused and looked at me, "You ready?"

I nodded my head in excitement.

He chuckled. "God, I missed you."

I smiled at him, "I missed you too."

On the way to the ice cream parlor we caught up with each other and how life was. Everything felt like how our lives used to be, full of laughter and joy. But that was quickly ruined because, I could feel Alex's hand sneak its way up my leg. Which was making me uncomfortable but I let it slide for the time being.

His hand was now resting on my upper thigh but, we finally pulled up to the shop. I hopped out of the car and walked hand in hand with Alex into the shop.

We stood in line as we decided on flavors. I was staring up at the menu when I felt Alex's lips on my neck. Even more uncomfortable, I asked him to stop kindly.

But he didn't, he just moved up to my jaw and I lightly pushed him away and asked him to stop again. Alex still didn't listen. Even the workers noticed and jumped into the situation.

"Sir, she asked you to stop." The kind worker interrupted.

Alex glared at man, "Why do you care? She's my girlfriend."

Hold up, we aren't a couple. We haven't even established what we are yet.

"I care because she seems uncomfortable with you right now and she asked you to stop but you didn't."

"Well, if she truly loves me then she wouldn't care if I'm kissing her even if it was in public."

I looked at him in horror, this was not love. Deciding to finally step up for myself I escaped his embrace and turned to him, "Alex we haven't even discussed what we are yet. And if this is what your definition of love is then I don't know if I want to continue this."

He scoffed at me, "So, you agreed to go on another date with me, Lauren."

"Yes I did but not to being your girlfriend."

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Fine, but you know Lauren, I thought we could work this out but it turns out you're just a useless sidechick." He spat at me as he left the parlor.