Chapter 10

Me and Ned were walking to our next class when all of a sudden I spotted the people who tried to kill me.... "Crap" I muttered and jumped behind a wall so they didn't see me. "Come on come on come on!" I whisper yelled to Ned to come stand by me. "Thats one of the guys that tried to kill me" I said peeking out to see where they were going. "What?" "Yeah..." I replied thinking of how I was gonna get close without getting caught. "We gotta get out of here!" he told me fearfully in. "No no no no I gotta follow them. Maybe they can lead me to the guy that trapped me in a lake" "Someone trapped you in a lake?" he asked me trying to take in all this new information. "Yeah it was not good" I said and started to go after them. "Peter!" Ned said grabbing my arm "No stay there Ned!" I said back slowly following after the people.

I followed them down into the shop room and slowly walked over to a table. I noticed one of the guys was about to turn his head so I quickly went under a table and stuck to the underside of it letting out a sigh of relief when they didn't notice me. As they were walking out I put a tracker on one of the guys so I could track them down and get to the bottom of all this.

After school I was in my room with Ned watching the tracker to see where their 'Evil Lair' is. "This is so cool!" Ned said looking at the hologram. "Yeah I know right?" I said getting on my bed inspecting the hologram. "Brooklyn" Ned said telling me where they were. "Stan Island" Ned told me when I was getting a phone call. I looked over to see the caller ID and it was Y/N. "Hello?" "Hey Peter! What you up to?" she asked Ned looked up to me and mouthed "Are you gonna tell her?" I widened my eyes and mouthed back "NO". "I'm just sitting here at home with Aunt May" I replied. "Oh well I was just calling to ask. Are you sure you can't make it to Washington tomorrow? I mean this is a really big deal and you would be a big help to the team?" she asked me and I sighed. "I'm sorry Y/N I just can't. I need to be here for Mr. Stark" I could hear her sigh on the other end of the phone. "Ok well I'll see you later..." she said and before I could say anything back she hung up. I let out a long sigh and brought my hands to my head in frustration. I hate letting her down but I have to do this. This is my chance to prove myself to Mr. Stark that I am ready for more than just being a friendly neighborhood Spider-man. "I don't know what to tell ya man" Ned replied looking up from the hologram.

I was working on my web shooters and Ned told me that they were in New Jersey. After I was done fiddling with them I decided to climb on my ceiling. I was clearly bored out of my mind ok? Then a beep went off and Ned said "They stopped." I hung upside down from my ceiling and looked at the hologram to see where they stopped. "Huh Marilyn?" I asked confused as to why they stopped there. "Whats there?" Ned asked me with my Spider-man mask on. "I mean I don't know. Their evil lair?" I told him. "They have a lair?" Ned asked me. "Dude. A gang with alien guns run by a guy with wings? Yeah they have a lair" I explained to him. "Bad ass" he replied impressed. "But how are you gonna get there if its like 300 miles away?" Ned asked me. I thought for a minute when I remembered the Academic Decathlon trip. "Its not to far from DC" I told him looking at the Academic Decathlon poster. 

Your POV

All of the decathlon team was waiting outside for the bus to leave for Washington when you noticed someone jogging up to you guys. "Hey its Peter!" Abraham shouted and you looked over to him. "Peter?" Liz questioned him. "Hey guys!" He said walking up to the team. "I was hoping I could uh rejoin the team?" he asked innocently. "No. No way. You can't just quit on us then stroll up and just be welcomed back by everyone!" Flash said walking up to Peter. Just then Mr. Harrington walked out "Hey welcome back Peter!" Mr. Harrington said walking out of the bus "Flash you're back to first alternate." he said "What?" Flash asked him "He's taking your place!" Abraham shouted and you couldn't help but laugh at this. "Hey can we go already? I was kinda hoping to get some light protesting in before the dinner so?" M.J said walking up next to you "Protesting is Patriotic lets get on the bus" Mr. Harrington said pointing to the bus. You walked up next to Peter before  you got on. "Hey I uh thought you said you weren't coming today?" you asked him "I changed my mind last minute" he said looking over to you and smiling.