Chapter 3

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Mae asked as she fiddled with her hair in the mirror. Her grey jeans finally fit again, they accentuated every curve and Opie loved it. She had worked hard to lose weight, but stay far from scrawny, after her weight issues since getting clean. Then, all the stress before they'd gotten married killed her appetite and she'd gotten way too skinny. It was a struggle and Opie was happy to see his girl back to her normal weight, they both were actually. "You think I should wear the red tank top or black?"

"Black," he said quickly looking her up and down with a naughty smile. "And yeah, I'm sure. It'll be fun to get out too. Kids'll be fine next door and we're just the club, not too far."

"I didn't even know Tig got hurt." Watching in his the mirror Mae powdered her nose, "Or that he had a third daughter."

Opie groaned and nodded. "Yeah, Amelia, she grew up around here with me and Jax. She's had some shit, tried to kill herself a while back, it's all really messy." He recounted the wuick version of events dealing with Keith as they finished getting ready. "Jax said she's trying to settle down but don't get involved with that Mae, I know you like to seek out the wounded ones but she's not someone you can fix, okay?"

He seemed adamant she not get involved with Amelia, which only made Mae more interested. "Why? I could use a friend, she probably could too." He didn't say anything. "Wait, did you two like hook up or something when you were younger?"

"No," Opie turned and looked at her seriously. "I never wanted to, if I did Tig would have cut my balls off besides she's like your age, back then she was way too young."

"And now?"

"And now what?" Mae hid her giggles at his anxious reaction. "No, Mae, I've got enough to keep me happy right here."

Finally ready to leave, Mae came behind him and snaked her arms around him. "I'm totally kidding, Ope. It's okay, I trust you baby." He turned to face her and kissed her ardently. "Drunken sex tonight?"

"Lots of drunken sex tonight." He slapped her ass as they left the bedroom and for a change jumped on his Harley. He was wearing his cut, it was never a question if he could and part of Mae missed it. She rested her face against the leather and smiled, sometimes she liked to have some time with her badass biker.

--

"Do you think this'll be enough?" Amelia asked as she stared at the cases of beer with her head tilted to one side. "I mean there's going to be tons of people here." No one minded that she took over planning Tig's party. Finally, after a long month of recuperation at home he was back, ready and able to ride and become a functioning member of the club again. Surprisingly, Gemma had actually set Amelia up with a therapist who quickly put her on antidepressants; she was stable and even happy with no plans on leaving Charming.

"I can go back, pick up some more?" Chucky asked as his eyes darted from the stacked beer and Amelia. "Maybe a few more kegs if the distributor has it?"

Clapping her hands excitedly Amelia nodded, "Perfect. Thanks Chuck, my Dad was right you're a creepy dude but you're good. Thank you."

"I accept that," was all he left her with. Everything felt right and a little smile crept on her face as she looked around the bustling clubhouse. Things weren't perfect, Bobby still barely acknowledged her presence, Clay and Gemma made constant jabs and jokes at her expense and she was still working through a multitude of issues but she was working and that was the point.

"Hey," Juice put his hand on her waist, just barely touching her. "Looks like you're ready for tonight."

Trying to keep herself from following instinct and jump at his unexpected touch she smiled and nodded, taking long deep breaths. "Yup, just about." Her eyes flicked down to his hand, still on her side and she frowned, "JC."