chapter one

BETH

I wait patiently as I ponder over who my partner might be. I want it to be Derek or Mark, maybe Val, but I think Derek and I would be a good match, because...well I don't know, but we would just work well together.

Okay maybe it's sort of the fact that he's really attractive but still.

I was thinking my Motavators would like it if I made a video of me meeting my partner.

I set up my travel camera and pressed record.

"Hey you guys! I wanted to film this video and tell you that I am going to be on Dancing With The Stars! I'm so excited, this is such an amazing opportunity and I can't wait to find out who my partner is! I think I might want either Val or Mark, because I think we would work good together, but I would have to say I'm really hoping to have Derek, because I just think we would be really good partners so yeah!"

I opened my mouth to say more but a pair of very strong arms wrapped around me. Whoever it was smelled really nice. No I'm not a creep don't look at me like that.

I turned around with a smile on my face and my eyes met with none other than Derek Hough.

"Hey, it's Derek!" I said enthusiastically as I went in for a hug.

"It's so nice to meet you, I'm Bethany, but you can call me Beth."

"It's nice to meet you too, Bethany. I'm Derek, and you can call me Derek." He said with a wink. I laughed slightly. He was wearing an off white sweater/shirt thing and some black skinny jeans. His eyes were really bright and nice looking. My eyes look like poop. I have poop eyes.

"You're eyes are really nice." I said. The words tumbled out of my mouth like rocks on a steep cliff. No warning, they just fall.

"Um...thank you. You have nice eyes, too." He said warmly.

"No I don't, don't say that. My eyes look like poop."

"No they don't. Don't beat yourself up over small things like that. You're really gorgeous, don't let anyone tell you any different." He stared at me straight in the eyes. I blushed fiercely an looked down. He was so sweet.

By now I had discreetly stopped recording. I pursed my lips together so my dimple was showing. I looked down at my suede boots and twirled my hair.

"Are you going to dance in that?" He asked me.

"Huh?"

"You can't dance in skinny jeans and boots, Bethers." He already had a nickname for me.

"Uh, yeah I know. I was wondering if it would be okay to rehearse barefoot? I have shorts under my jeans."

"Yeah, barefoot's good."

He mumbled something under his breath that I'm assuming he didn't want me to hear. I slightly pouted at thinking about what he could have said. It's probably nothing, I told myself.

I went to the corner and took off my boots and jeans, along with my sweater, that I had a cropped tank top under. I felt Derek's eyes on me so I asked him what was up.

"Nothing, just, you're really beautiful."

I blushed again and smiled really big.

"Thank you. A lot."

Bethany.

He's just your partner.

Your partner.