chapter eighteen

BETH

I look over, too confused and upset to speak. Julianne and I are great friends...how could she object to our marriage? And how could she find us? It was 5:30 in the morning! At a McDonald's! 

"Why...just...how could you?" Julianne stammered out.

Derek's face grew confused and Julianne's eyes filled with water. 

"You just left! You just went to get married without us! Bethany, I'm the maid of honor!" She was full on sobbing by now.

"Nothing has honored me more than that, to be your friend, Beth. I'm not against your marriage at all. I'm just against your marriage..." She spoke after gathering herself. "Without me." 

"I'm against your marriage without me." She repeated. I let out a sigh of relief as tears collected in my eyes. 

"Julianne!" I cried. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! Come 'ere!" 

She laughed out loud. "I'm being so selfish! This is your wedding and I'm crashing i!" She laughed again with her eyes still slightly watery.

"It's totally fine! Now get over here!" I called. Derek chuckles at the two most important women in his life. Julianne walks behind me and wraps her arms around my neck, giving me a quick hug. She let go and stepped back.

"Okay, well now that that's settled..." Connor begins, "Do you, Derek Hough, take this woman's hand in marriage, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?" 

"I do." 

"Do you, Bethany Mota, take this man's hand in marriage, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?"

My eyes filled with tears very quickly and immediately pooled out onto my cheeks, most likely smearing my makeup.

"I do."

*******************

Yo yo yo. Been like almost 3 weeks since I updated but ya know whatevs. 

I'm kinda thinking the next chapter is going to be the last or maybe I'll go to 20 but there will be more books :)

There will be a double update today to make up for that lost time :(: