chapter three

DEREK (started right before the kiss)

I look at Bethany, gazing off into some unknown world only accessible by her. Her brown eyes brightened as I spoke her name.

"Bethany, uh, uhm," I grew nervous as the words slipped out of my mouth.

"Do you uh, have a boyfriend?" I tried to make it casual, but I probably looked like I was staring down the barrel of a 45. (A/N: Yup. That's a song.)

"No. Why?" she replied nonchalantly.

"Just wondering. So, practice tomorrow?" I told her that we were going to rehearse until 10:00, but I needed to get out of here.

Beth looked honestly sad.

"We're done? I thought we would rehearse unt..."

She stopped mumbling upon me resting my hand on her cheek.

"You're really pretty..." I mumble, close to her face.

I wanted to kiss her so badly, so, so badly.

I had to go for it.

Getting there was the fast part, I leaned in slowly, even though it only felt like 0.2 seconds.

When our lips touched, everything was gone. All the thought running through my head, all the worries I had, all the stress in our dances, all the bad things that have happened, were gone.

I pulled away first, wanting to be able to breathe.

She scrambled up and yanked her purse off of the ground.

"I have to go. I'll be here tomorrow at 6:00. Uh. Bye." She rushed out. I quickly stood up and engulfed her in a hug. To my surprise, she hugged back.

When we pulled away, her arms dangled at her sides, and I rested my hands on her shoulders/upper arms. I couldn't help but kiss her forehead, and when I did, the sparks made an appearance again. She wiggled out of my grasp but I caught a glimpse of her eyes.

Her eyes were full of lust, and confusion.

"Bye, Beth!" I shouted.

But she was gone.

*********

I know this is short but I just wanted to show you guys what Derek was thinking and shtuff. So. Yeah.