chapter fourteen

BETH (continued immediately)

They all stared at our entertwined hands, mine having a small mirror ball on it.
My sister looked at Derek with questioning eyes, and he nodded happily. I took my hand out of his and showed my mom.
"Mom! It's a mirror ball!" I cried.
"Bethany," Derek addressed me. I turned around with the excited smile still on my face.
He told me, "I also have a little something planned for you lovely ladies today," he gestured to my mother, my sister and I. Mom just gave him a questioning look, as did I.
"Well, Bethany, I have planned a whole day of dress shopping for you girls!" he announced. I hugged him and whispered 'thank you' in his ear. He just kissed my cheek in response. I looked at my family.
"Lets go!"
•••••••••••
At the dress shop, a woman came out and asked who the bride was. I raised my hand and said, "That would be me." I had a bright smile on my face. The woman glanced at the clock and said, "Well, we have an entire day of dress shopping! We close at 8:00, and that seems to be...11 hours away!" She looked extremely excited. A camera man came into the room. I looked at it questioningly. The woman, Rachel, who seemed about my age, or maybe a little older, told me, "Hey, Hun, is it alright if we put your day on 'Say Yes To The Dress?'" She asked me. I heard of that show and it sounded like fun, and I was used to being on tv since Dancing With The Stars, so, I agreed.
"Who do we have with us today?" Rachel asked. I gestured back to the girls.
"Uh, this is my mother," I pointed to my sister, "And my sister. Uh, I don't know if either of them are my Maid Of Honor yet, because he proposed like, 1 hour ago!" I laughed.
"Yeah," I began again. "He planned this whole day of dress shopping for me." I smiled at the thought of Derek. I love him.
••••••••••
I looked in the mirror at my 3rd dress I tried on today. The first one was a long, flowy dress with absolutely no decoration at all. Definitely not me.
The second one was a strapless dress with pleats at the top. It was super poofy from the bottom of the bust area to the bottom of the dress. It was actually a navy blue color, and I absolutely HATED it. The third one was just a simple mermaid dress with a curved dip in the front and cap sleeves. I liked it, but I also like more jewels and decor. The last one I tried on was picked out by my sister, who I had secretly decided on being my Maid Of Honor. I walked out to show my family the dress. I walked up to the mirror and gasped. It was a pure white, long, flowy dress with no straps. It had folds on the side, which made it cascade beautifully down my body. There were subtle pleats at the top, and under that there was a slanted flower belt. I covered my mouth with my small hands. I looked back at my family, who had gasped also. My sister's mouth was hanging open, and my mother had tears collecting in her eyes. I looked into the mirror with a watery smile and cried out, "I'm getting married!"
Rachel asked me if I wanted to be 'jacked up' and I said yes. She took my wavy hair into a low side bun, and she put a veil on my head. I turned around and looked into the mirror and my watery smile became a waterfall. I was sobbing and my mother was wiping her tears and my sister was going on about how beautiful I looked.
"I love it!" I exclaimed. My family nodded. They apparently did too.
"So," Rachel asked, "Are you saying yes to this dress?"
I turned to her, then to my family, then to the mirror.
I whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear.
"Yes."
**********
Soooo.
Yup.
Nine thousand.
Whaaaaat????
This is like so insane you guys I swear. :)))))))
OMG so I watched My Girl on Netflix and its the saddest movie ever but it's soo god OMG
Bai my potatoes!