chapter seven/apology

BETH (fast forwarded to semi-finals)

"I can't believe we're doing a freestyle!" I blabbed on to Derek about how excited I was to be able to do hip hop again. We've decided to dance to BOSS by Fifth Harmony. We already had most of the dance choreographed, and I had the second part mastered, we were just working on the first part.
I stood in my starting position, feet shoulder width apart, right hand on my hip, left hand over my stomach, and my head facing the right. I pushed my elbow forward so it was pointing in front of me. I nodded my head up and down then looked forward. I made eye contact with Derek who was in front of me.
I was going to get that mirror ball.
***************
I did the last pose in the dance and jumped up in success. I raised my fists in the air, my messy bun bouncing around everywhere.
"I did it!" I exclaimed happily. I jumped into Derek's arms and kissed his lips for a really long time. The outfit I was in was a pair of leggings, some high waisted shorts over the leggings, and a tight crop top with no sleeves. My hair was in a weird up-do, but it looked nice. I made Derek turn around, and I put my hands on the sides of the nape o his neck, and I hoisted myself up, wrapped my legal around his stomach/waist, and rested my head on top of his. The judges and Tom laughed and Tom told Len to go ahead, and he started.
"Well, I think it was a spectacular dance, and your footwork was wonderful," he started throwing his hands in the air. "There was a bit of stumble there in the middle, but I can overlook that because you covered it up splendidly."
"Carie Ann?" Tom said.
"Um. Okay, so get your tiny little butt over here and GIVE ME A HUG!" She got louder as she spoke. I jumped off Derek's back and ran over to Carie Ann. "You did so wonderful!" she exclaimed brightly. "Thank you!" I said with a smile.
**************
We went up to the skybox after the critique and we got all 10s! I was extremely happy, and Derek kissed my head, and literally picked me up and held me bridal style.
"Bye losers!" Derek shouted as he ran down the steps with me in his arms. We went to the makeup mirror and he kissed me. We were in the dark, the only lights were illuminating from the edges of the mirrors in the room. He kept kissing me, nibbling down my neck, sucking and kissing on my "spot," and then he came back up and reconnected our lips again. We were kissing in that way they do in the movies, where he kisses me and then pulls away, then kisses me again and repeat. He sat down, and I crawled into his lap, not breaking our contact. I felt something coming up my throat, coming up, and up, and up, when I, didn't vomit, but I word vomited.
"I love you." Was mumbled from my lips in one of the times our kiss was disconnected. He stopped kissing me.
"You...what?" He said.
"I..." I was rethinking my words, until I made up my mind.
"I love you. I love your hair, I love your eyes, I love your lips, I love when you say my name breathlessly, I love when you stare me in the eyes and it says so much, I love when you mess up words and stop talking for a moment, and I love you." I let out slowly.
He stared me straight in they eyes and said the words I was hoping for.
"I love you, too."
**************
Okay so some of you may have read that I was going to do a contest and all that jazz but actually I decided to make the book longer, and so I might do a contest towards the end? and by the way this book is going to extend to after the season is I've and shtuff. So Bai love y'all