chapter seventeen

DEREK

"Shh...its okay, sweetheart, its not real...I love you. It's okay, everything's going to be alright..I love you." I kept whispering into Bethany's ear. She had shaken me awake claiming that I didn't love her, and everyone was laughing. After she calmed down and explained everything to me, she began crying again, saying she didn't know if she could get married. Now, I was almost crying. Even though I was majorly depressed about her getting cold feet, I understood her being scared, I just hoped she changed her mind. This is why I wanted to elope, which she seemed perfectly fine with. When I had told her I wanted to elope, first of all she was confused because we had already told everybody. After I told her that that didn't matter, she leaned up to kiss my lips and whispered, "Let's do it." Which sounded slightly innapropriate to me...so I asked for validation.

"Do what?"

"Get married. Let's run away and get married. I love you, so why wait. I'm not scared of you..." she explained. I was taken aback by her sudden change in mood, as she had just been telling me she couldn't marry me, though I was up for it.
"Okay. Lets do it."
*************
The music begins to play. I look down at my black jeans and white t-shirt. I'm getting married. I never thought I would be getting married in Converse, but I love it. I look at my surroundings. In the background, Alone Together by Fall Out Boy is playing. Our wedding music is Fall Out Boy. I'm standing in a McDonalds, getting ready for the most amazing day of my life. I am loving every minute of it. The person marrying us is our good friend, Connor Franta. He was bored one day and got on the Internet to edit a YouTube video, and ended up being certified to marry. Troye, Connor's boyfriend, is sitting in the booth behind Connor who begged us to let him come. To recap, I am getting married in clothes I found on the floor of our bedroom, in a McDonalds, by my fiance's best friend, while Fall Out Boy is playing in the bathroom. To explain why we're in a McDonalds...

*Flashback to 45 minutes ago*

"Bethany...how are we going to get married...we don't have anyone to marry us, and no where to get married!" I started growing worried.

She looked at me and said, "Okay...Connor can marry us! He's actually certified! He called me up one time at like 3 in the morning and just started talking like he was drunk saying 'Beth, I can marry!' and after he explained he stopped talking and..."

By now I had stopped listening. She was nervous, so she was rambling. I couldn't focus, so I kissed her lips quickly. "So what about a venue?" I asked nervously.

She looked at me and chuckled, "Babe, its okay. We can just...drive around with Connor or something and stop at a restaurant or park or anything like that. I don't care if we get married in a McDonalds...I just care that I'm marrying you.

I nodded and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you."

*Flashback over*

And so when we were driving around...we actually ended up at a McDonalds. 

I look up at the movement out of the corner of my eye and see Bethany, my first true love, walk towards me with Troye's arm snaked into hers. Her dimple is prominent and she is not wearing her wedding dress, she is wearing a short creme colored dress and pink, lacy toms. Her eyes are watery as she looks at me and I start to wonder how I got a woman so amazing. After Alone Together had stopped playing, Bethany's song started to play. Her song, "Need You Right Now" was playing, and I felt like some character in a book. None of this felt real, but when the love of my life tripped walking up to me at our wedding, everything was perfect.

"Sooo." Connor began, "I don't want to have to say all this crap about sickness and in health because I have seen you guys and its obvious you're in love so, say your vows, Beth." 

She took out a piece of paper and looked at it. She shook her head slightly, biting her lip. She folded the paper back up again and put it back in her clutch. 

Bethany said, "Derek. I never thought I would be getting married in a McDonalds. But I am loving every bit of it. You are the love of my life. Ever since the first time we danced, there was always a spark, and I am glad to be sharing the rest of my life with my first spark. I never felt like Cinderella, nothing was ever perfect, but perfect is so overrated. We are going to be judged, but honestly, all the haters can piss off." Which caused me to laugh while I was crying, with actual tears coming down my face. I began my vows,

"Okay...one. How am I supposed to top that?" I started, causing people watching to laugh. "And...two. You are the love of my life and the sunshine on my storm. I don't know what I would do without you. I have never done anything so spontaneous or outrageous before in my life, but..." I gestured to the room we were in. People laughed at my awful and corny joke but I took it.

"If there is anyone who objects to this marriage please speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I OBJECT!" Was called from the back of the room. Bethany shut her eyes tightly at the familiar-ness of the voice and I got watery eyed and cringed. I dared to open my eyes..

I looked to the door of the fast food restaurant and standing there was my sister, Julianne.

"You can't get married."

***********************************************

What are you doing with that axe???

Yeah actually, go ahead. you have a right. I  am so sorry for not updating in like two weeks but I've been super busy and life kinda sucks right now. Omg can you believe that happened? Julianne out of all people was mad! Man! Who is writing this rubbish? 

Oh...oops. I'm thinking of making like 3 or 4 books in this series with like 20 chapters each. :)

Bai potatoes!