Chapter Nine

09| CHAPTER NINE

The smashing of glassware increased and so did the screaming of my parents. I jumped inside my house through the window to the kitchen that was always kept open for Kiki.

"I don't know anything, get out of my house right now" I heard my father scream.

"Your house? This isn't your house, it's mine, so the only person who should get out of this house is you," my mother yelled back at my father and the glass shattered again.

"MOM!!!" I screamed as I slammed the kitchen door.

Oh lord...please, let her be okay. I kept on chanting in my head

My mother looked at me, with disgust in her eyes.

"It's just because of you....it's you....you are the reason, I still bear this monster," my mother said, splitting out these words like venom; poisoning my heart....paralyzing my soul.

"M-M-Mo-Mom..." I shuttered.

She don't mean it...she is just angry.

"I wish you were never born, you are the biggest mistake that I ever made," she continued, her face scrunching in pure disgust.

Mistake....Am I a mistake...is it what I am?

"Phoebe leave" my old man yelled at me.

"NO!" I yelled back, mustering up every single drop of courage in my body.

"Dare you talk back to me like this bitch, you know I can make your life a living hell, you did us no good by taking birth on this earth, if there's one thing I can agree with your mother, it is that you are a mistake, a worthless piece of scarp born in our house." He said, his eyes filled with disgust.

"N-N-No, you are wrong...it's not me who did no good by taking birth on this earth, it's you" I managed to spit out these words.

He looked at me with his amber eyes burning in anger...piercing my soul.

"It's you...you are the...." Before I could complete the sentence, a glass vase flew past by me, slamming against the white walls, breaking into pieces.

My skin turned white and the blood in my veins froze.

Cool down Bee...cool down...don't let him lower your bars.

"One more word bitch and I swear you will regret that you were ever born. Now get back into your fucking room, RIGHT NOW!" he yelled and my legs moved own their own under his command, as if they were not mine.

Tears found their way up my eyes as I ran back into my room.

Cool down Bee...cool down...you can't break your promise.

Breathe in...breathe out...

Smile...

I rushed into the restroom and stared at my reflection in the large mirror.

Smile.

I shot my best fakest smile but the tears won't stop. The words of my parents kept echoing in the back of my head.

Monster, worthless, trash, mistake...

"You" I pointed at my reflection staring back at me in disgust.

One punch

Two punches

Three...

I continued to throw punches at my reflection, slamming my fists against the cold mirror until I could feel the hot red liquid dripping down my knuckles.