11| CHAPTER ELEVEN

Chapter 11

***

"How were the teachers there?" my old man asked without raising his eyes from his phone.

"They were good" I replied, my mind still wandering, thinking about the guy.

"Okay, go back to your room and study" he commanded and I quietly followed his instructions like a meek little rodent.

How pathetic.

As soon as I stepped into my room, I locked it from inside and stripped down. I got inside the shower with my phone in my hand, scrolling down the instagram feed.

I turned on the music before keeping the phone aside.

The lyrics from the song 'In The Name Of Love' by Bebe Rhexa managed to capture my heart.

Slowly my mind wandered from the song to love and then to him and then to the girl he was talking to when the class ended, making my heart ache in an unfamiliar manner.

"Man...why...?" I said slamming my fist on the black tiles on the wall.

Why was I reacting like this?

Moreover, why am I feeling envious of the girl I didn't even know.

Then it hit me.

Cupid got me for sure.

"Fuck" I whispered and slowly started hitting my head against the cold wall.

***

"You look like shit" Zach commented as I got into his car.

"I know" I replied.

"Did you even took a bath?" he asked as he scrunched up his nose and sprayed bottle of deo to cover up my so called smell.

"No" I replied ad he scrunched his nose more and sprayed more of his deo over my clothes and me.

"What actually happened?" he asked.

"I guess I am in love," I said in a monotone as if it was the worst thing that could have happened at that time.

"I knew it" he said smiling goofily, "and maybe the whole class knows that too".

"WHATTTT!!!!!" I screamed and he applied bream all of a sudden. Thank Jesus I decided to wear seatbelt or else my nose would have been flat like Samiksha's chest.

"What the fuck Zach!" "What the fuck Bee?" We both cried in unison.

"Don't yell in my car like a dying cow," he said.

"Asshole" I muttered and Zach gave me a I-will-throw-you-out-of-my-car look.

"I will be quiet" I said and kept my index finger on my lips and couched on the leather seat.

***

Everything and everyone were quiet except...Ivan. That asshole knows no shame.

"Looks like Pakodi got her Pakoda" he yelled.

What the fuck??? This nickname was supposed to be between us.

I got this nickname a few days back, and I find the story excessively embarrassing to share, but then again, what will be the worst thing that would happen if the story comes out.

So... I was buying pakode, an Indian fast food... from a...street vendor and Ivan happened to saw me there. He waved at me but I was busy staring at the billboards (which he refuses to believe, according to his so-called theories I was so engrossed in the pakode of the pakode wala I didn't noticed him), anyways, I had been dealing with nickname since past few days, and to be honest I am actually enjoying it.