The Talk

Greetings everyone. This is going to be a filler chapter, followed by a few more fillers before the Hero Killer Arc. Filler chapters aren't going to be as long as the chapters for the main story. This one is going to be about Bakugo trying to come to terms with his defeat at the Sports Festival. And a certain someone comes in to try and talk to him. 

Bakugo POV:

I'm laying on my bed staring at the ceiling trying thinking about the Sports Festival.

'I lost. Even after all that training to counter everything he could throw at me, I still lost.'

I hear a knock on my door.

"Who is it?"

"It's Toga.'

Toga?

"Who?"

"Ugh. Pigtails." She says a little annoyed..

"Oh. What do you want, extra?"

"I just wanted to talk."

I give in.

"*sigh* Fine come in."

She comes in and I make room on my bed for her to sit.

"What did you want to talk about?"

She looks at me worried for some reason.

'Why is she looking at me like that?'

"Are you okay?"

'WHAT?!'

"The hell are you talking about? I'm great!"

"Don't give me that crap. I've noticed that you've been down ever since you lost against Midoriya."

I get a little angry.

"Listen. If I wanted your help, I would ask for it. But I never need anyone's help because that's a sign of weakness. And heroes are never weak."

"Is that why you're upset? Because you think you're weak?"

I lose it.

"Of course not! I'm the best! That nerd just got lucky!"

"Did he get lucky at the Battle Trial?"

"Did you just come here to rub in the fact that I lost?"

"Of course not. I came here because I heard what you said before you passed out. Do you really think you're weak if you lose?"

"A hero should never lose. All Might never loses, so I shouldn't either. He's the best, so if I want to be the next number one hero, I have to be too."

She looks at me with shock.

"So you're broken. Destroyed by the fact that within just a few weeks, you've lost twice, and to the same person."

"Like I said, he just got lucky!"

"There's no such thing as luck when it comes to a fight. And you know that don't you?"

She's right. How does she know me like this?

"What's your game here? Why do you want to help me?"

"I just thought that you could use a friend. And that I could use one too."

"Aren't those other extras your friends?"

"I meant a friend for me. Back before UA, I didn't have any friends. They stayed away from me because of my quirk. They called me a villain just because I have to drink someone's blood to use it. So I thought if I came to UA, people would treat me differently and I would finally have a friend."

'She sounds like Deku. But she didn't even have one friend, unlike Deku since he's had Round Face.'

I look away from her.

"You shouldn't try to be my friend. I used to bully Deku for the same reason. Then it just turned into me trying to provoke him into losing it and using his power. I thought he was weak for never fighting back. But now, listening to your story, I don't know if I'm even cut out for friends, much less being a hero. I've lost twice to the same person I've bullied for 11 years. I'm weak. Nothing will change that."

There's silence for a little bit.

Then I feel her hands cup my face, and pulled me to face her.

"You know what the one good thing about losing is? You can learn from it. You did lose to him. But you took what you learned from the Battle Trial and trained to fight his speed and strength. Now that you lost to him on an even playing field, you can learn from that and next time you fight, I know you'll win."

'She actually believes in me?'

"Fine you proved your point. Now get out of my room."

She starts to leave until she comes back and...

KISSES ME ON THE CHEEK?!

"You don't have to be alone. You'll have your friend, Himiko Toga, supporting you."

She then leaves and I'm left alone with a slight blush on my face.

I put my hand on the cheek she kissed.

'Himiko Toga, huh? I'll look forward to getting to know her more.'

I then go downstairs and get something to eat.

Toga POV:

'I can't believe I just did that! He didn't say anything about it so I hope he's not mad.'

I then think about what he said.

'I used to bully Deku for the same thing.'

'I hope he doesn't treat me like that. But he doesn't seem like that bad of a guy to me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more Katsuki Bakugo.'

Chapter finished. This didn't take me too long since filler chapters aren't going to be that long. But I still enjoyed writing it nonetheless.

Thank you for reading and remember to go beyond. PLUS ULTRA!!!