The WICKED HQ

They had Charlotte come in and tell Thomas about the device and how to plant it and what to do. Thomas agreed to it all and took in all the information like a sponge. "You gonna miss me?" Thomas asked. I wasn't sure who he was speaking to. "Don't even say that. You sound like you're giving up already." Brenda said. "We'll all be back together and laughing about the good ol' days." She added. I looked to see her wrap her arms around him. Then he held her out from himself to look at her face. "What?" He asked. "Just...don't let yourself get killed." She said. He swallowed. "Well?" She said. "You be careful too." He told her. She stood on her tippie toes and kissed his cheek. "That's the sweetest thing you ever said." She said to him. I rolled my eyes and stared at the wall again. "Make sure they don't screw things up." He told her. "Make sure all the plans make sense." He added. "I will. We'll see you in a day or so." She said. "Okay." He responded, as if going on a trip to camp. "And I won't get killed if you won't. I promise." She said. "Deal." He told her. I heard his footsteps come towards me. "Can you give us a minute?" I asked everyone in the room loudly. Thomas gave an exhasperated sigh as if he didn't want to be alone with me. I heard Vince's chair squeak. "Why?" He asked. I heaved a sigh and turned then grabbed Thomas's arm and started leading him to the door. "Nevermind. We'll leave." I said angrily and forced him out the door and walked out then shut it. "What is your problem?!" He asked me and rubbed his arm. "I can't protect you in there while you go alone! WICKED's gonna stick a needle in you and you're done! They'd have you and that's it! End of the line for me!" I argued. Instead of shouting back at me his expression turned from confusion to sympathy. "I'm gonna be okay. I always come back just fine." He said. Going in the Maze, he came back okay. Fighting through the Scorch he stayed alive even though he was shot and kidnapped. Now he's going into the belly of the beast and telling me he'll still come out just fine.

I pulled in my lips then let them slip out. "Okay. I trust you." I said. "Watch over Minho for me. And don't kill Brenda. We still need her." He ordered. I gave him a nod and turned the other gun towards him. "You'll need it more than me." He said. He shook the one I gave him in his hand then tucked it behind his back in his pants. "I'll see you in a couple days." I said. "I'll be waiting your rageful charge." He said and smiled. I began to smile. "If you see Chancellor Paige before I do..." I said but he shushed me. "Tell her yourself." He said. Gally walked out of the room. "Are you done talking?" He asked nicely. "Yeah. Yeah we're good." I said. "Good. C'mon Thomas. I'll guide you to the van to take you to the Berg. Amelia, wait here and you'll get on another van to join the group and tell them about the plan with me and Brenda." He said. I gave him a nod. "Oh! And listen to Gally too!" Thomas ordered to me as he was walking away. I turned and went back into the room. Vince was still in his chair. Brenda was standing in the room, waiting. "You'll inform the group about the plan with Gally. I'm still coming along for protection." I said to her. She gave me a nod. "I heard that's what the plan was." She said. We stayed silent in the room and waited on Gally. He came shortly after and lead us to a van. We got in and the driver left down the city streets.

We sped past a few Cranks but none too many. Then we got to where they took the others and the van stopped. Hurrying out we rushed to the door and the driver swiped his card and we hurried in. Minho looked at all three of us. I felt a relief as I saw he was okay. And he had a gun. Brenda recited the plan over to everyone inside. Minho seemed a little regretful then looked to a guy sitting on the floor and apologized for shooting his foot off but said he should've told him. "Alright! We don't have time to stand around! Let's get in the vans!" Gally said. The crowd inside cheered and I walked over to Minho and put a closed fist out. He touched mine with a fist. "Glad to see you're okay." I told him. "Good to see you made it through and did what you did." He told me. Aris approached us. "Hi again!" He said to me. He extended his hand. I looked to his hand and swatted it down. "I'm not your friend. And I'll never be." I said. He turned and walked away. Then Teresa was in my view as she was behind him. Minho quietly exclaimed. Knowing the two of us hate each other. It excited him when I got after her. I think it did for Newt too. When he was around. "I can help." She said. "Save it shuck-faced traitor. We don't need your help. As far as I'm concerned I'd rather you stay behind and get eaten by Cranks." I said. Minho expressed surprise and thrill in my words spewing forth to her. "That's...nice." She remarked. "Shut up and don't ever let me see you again." I said to her. I turned away and headed out with Minho. We quickly got into the van with Brenda, Gally and some others. Each van took a group back to the Right Arm and we got onto a Berg. As we were nearing I started to hop in place. Minho walked over to me. "You okay?" He asked me. "Just pumped, man. I'm so ready for this shuck mad raid we're about to do." I said with a smile. He began to grin widely too. Something I hadn't seen him do since The Glade. He stood and bounced in place with me. "Are you bunnies or are you Munies?" Gally asked a bit meanly. We both stopped. "I'm trying to contain my excitement, Gally. Shut up." I said.