hanahaki disease | krii7y

ship: krii7y / kryozgaming x smii7y
category: pure angst
word count: 775
requested by: bloopy-moons

hanahaki disease is an illness where flowers begin to grow in the lungs from unrequited love.

john choked out another flower, a rose, for the fifth time within twenty minutes. it's getting worse. he hasn't told anyone, but his friends are starting to worry. he can barely sit through a thirty minute recording session without hacking a flower up. all because he fell in love with his damn best friend. his best friend who clearly loves his girlfriend. that best friend being smitty.

tyler was the first one to notice something was wrong. he got john to join a private call about it. he was very concerned about one of his very good friends.

"i'm fine, ty. just coming with a sickness." which technically wasn't a lie. "i'd rather be in bed than record, that's all."
"john, would you like me to come visit? i'll take care of you till you recover. i'm worried. you've been sick before, but this sounds so.. so much worse." his voice expressed with concern. tyler was normally never serious especially when it came to john, but he was scared for his friend.
john cleared his voice, a small sigh afterwards. "i'm good, tyler. thank you though." he said before leaving the call.

the rest of the night was spent in the bathroom, sitting besides the toilet as it was filled with different dyed colors and different kinds of flowers. a mix of roses, azaleas, and even some carnations. smitty's favorite. it was getting to the point he could barely breathe. he was in so much pain.

surgery was an option, of course. he had enough saved up, but did he really want to forget everything about the only one he has ever loved like this? of course he didn't. he didn't want the memories of them to go away.

he remembers the first time they met.
"and john, this is our friend smitty." tyler introduced the two when they had hopped into a call together to record cs:go.
"the famous kryoz! pleasure to meet you." smitty had said, cracking a few jokes afterwards.

it was then that john knew he was fucked. he instantly fell in love with smitty's voice. and his laugh? music to his ears. even he knows that's cheesy, but it was.

he sighed as he gathered his sorry ass to bed. he attempted to have a peaceful night's sleep, but that was impossible ever since he had fallen with this sickness. he woke up in the middle of the night almost /every/ night.

but this night? this night was so much worse. he woke up in immense pain as he rushed to the bathroom, vomiting so many more flowers he thought was possible. it was coming to an end. soon, he'd be buried away to be grown into a patch of flowers or even a tree.

it was four am, but he had to call someone before he didn't have any time left. his first though was smiitty. but no, he couldn't put the stress on him. he didn't want smitty to think he was at fault. it was only john's fault for falling so easily.

he reached for his phone, having coughing fits every few seconds and having to throw up a flower or two every few minutes. he hurried to call tyler, getting a groggily, "john, what the fuck? it's four am."
"i.. know, tyler. i'm sorry.. for calling th-this late. i'm not doing good.. i have the sick..ness with the flowers.. i'm coming at an end.." john was barely able to speak. every second made it worse.
"fuck, john! why didn't you tell me sooner? i could of helped you! or even help pay for the surgery. who is it?" tyler practically yelled into his end of the phone.
"no.. no i didn't w-want the surgery. i don't h-have long. you can't tell him. i don't w-want him to blame himself. it's smitty.." he hacked out, his voice quivering at this point.

"you're that bad, aren't you?" tyler sighed, hearing john throw up endless times. each time john answered, his voice became quieter and rougher.
"thank you for e-everything you've done, tyler.. let the g-group know.. i really appreciated them throughout the.. years of us.." john sighed, his lungs becoming fuller where vomiting doesn't even help anymore. "it's my.. time to.. go.. goodbye.. tyler.." he huffed out just barely as he hung up his phone.
he slowly made it back to his bed, laying on his back as he took his last few breaths with only a few regrets.

i hope you enjoy this! first time writing with the prompt of hanahaki disease, so i'm sorry if there are plot holes or anything.
i cried while writing this, angst is my specialty as a sad sack of shit.
leave feedback & more requests!
- elliot <3