I Still Do

I woke up, perched on the edge of the bed. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jared on the other edge of the bed, his back to me. I sighed before pulling myself out of bed. I quietly crept out of the room and downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Leaning against the refrigerator door, I scanned the inside of the refrigerator hoping to find something to eat.
"Hey," someone said from behind me.
I closed the refrigerator and turned around.
"Corbyn," I sighed. "We really shouldn't be talking right now."
"Why?" Corbyn asked, tilting his head. "We were fine yesterday."
"Because I'm trying to earn Jared's trust back," I explained. "Shouldn't you be doing the same with Christina?"
"I guess, but the damage is done," Corbyn shrugged.
"I refuse to think that," I said.
"Why are you so hung up on this?" Corbyn asked, clearly frustrated.
"Maybe because Jared and I been together for a year. I do love him, he was the first guy I dated after you and I. He was the one who helped me pick up the pieces that you broke," I said.
"I broke you? Y/n, you're the one who broke up with me," Corbyn said, his mouth agape, pain in his voice.
"It was mutual Corbyn," I said flatly.
"No it wasn't! I didn't want to break up! I wanted to marry you y/n. That was our plan, our future!" Corbyn yelled.
"You think I didn't want the same thing!" I yelled back throwing my hands in the air. "I-I did want to marry you Corbyn, it was our plan. But you just don't understand, it wouldn't have worked out."
"Why not?!" Corbyn asked.
"Because it just wouldn't have! I didn't want to lose you," I said, my voice eventually going down to a whisper.
"Bullshit! You would never lose me, ever."
"Why this? Why now?"
"Because I'm still fucking in love with you y/n!" Corbyn blurted out, his hand covering his mouth right after he said it.
"Corbyn," I trailed off. "You love Christina."
"Of course I do, but it's different with Christina." Corbyn said searching my face. "Y/n, it's us, don't you miss us?"
"Of course I do. But we both moved on and you seem to have forgotten that you moved on first."
"What was I supposed to do, wait?"
"I did," I said.
Corbyn's face softened.
I looked up at him, the silence between us made it hard to know what to do. The world moved in slow motion, I felt this pull. Before I knew it Corbyn and I were leaning in.
"Woah," someone said from behind us.