Chapter 6

Cole Stewart seemed like the kind of guy you would see on a magazine cover if he was a model and none of this crazy shit was going on.

To describe Cole would be: tall, dark, and handsome. He was muscular with a medium build and about 6' 4. He had dark black hair the complimented his blue eyes perfectly. People like Cole don't exist in this world.

I put my hand on my head and stared at the ceiling of my shared bedroom with Vida. I had been transferred back to my room a few days ago after the doctors said I was doing much better. Cole hadn't come to see me once since our first meeting. It must have had to do with something I said. Although I couldn't remember my exact words. My mind just kept on wondering back to his features and how handsome he was.

"Argh!" I groaned as I sat up in my bed. I barely knew the guy and was already dreaming about him and all I could think about was him.

"What's up with you?" Vida asked from her bed across the room. It was a small room, a lot like something you would see in a small college room in the movies.

"Nothing," I lied. I wasn't going to tell her that I was thinking about Cole Stewart. With how cool Vida is and how cool Cole is, for all I knew the two of them could be a thing.

Six years in Thurmond surrounded by a bunch of other girls and not a single guy, since the camp guards were determined to keep us all separated, it was a little bit strange to see a guy after so long especially one that was three years older than me.

I was so glad that Cate had left some normal clothes to wear instead of my green camp clothes.

I quickly changed and headed towards the door. "I'm going for a walk," I told Vida.

"Hope you have the map so you don't get lost." Vida had a grin on her face and it looked like she was making fun of me.

I left the room and started down the long hallway and pulled the map of my pocket. Vida didn't like me very much so I was going to give her the pleasure of being right. I didn't explore much in my first few days here, so the map Cate left would really come in handy. It laid out the whole base perfectly so maybe I wouldn't get lost after all.

I started down the long corridor once again, following the map this time, till I came upon a pair of double doors. Apparently these doors led to where a lot of the kids hung out and we had our meals and everything.

I walked in and the first person I saw was Cole. He was sitting at a table eating an apple while talking to some other guy. I stood frozen where I was unsure of what to do. My best option was to leave before he saw me, but as I was about to go he looked up and we locked eyes. A big smile spread across I face and he waved me over to where he was sitting. He turned back to the other guy and said something then the guy left him alone.

I had no idea what I should do. There was this handsome man sitting at a table and he just asked me to come over. I barely knew the guy, but I could feel my legs move and I was walking over to where he was sitting.

Okay, maybe I was overreacting just a little or maybe a lot. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I didn't know how I was supposed to act around some hot guy that was near my age. Was there some proper code of conduct or what?

I sat down at the table across from him and gave my best convincing smile. "Uh, hi," I said lamely. I was totally freaking out. I couldn't figure out why though, since this was the second time I was seeing him and gosh, the first time we met was way better than this.

He didn't seemed moved at all by my actions. "Hey kid," he said keeping a grin on his face.

I frowned. "My name is not kid, it's Ember and I'm 18, so I'm not a kid anymore. We've been through all of this."

Cole let out a slight laugh, but kept a smile on his face. "Sorry kid. I mean Ember."

Now he was just making fun of me. I sat back in my chair and crossed my arms.

Cole leaned forward and his smile faded away. "I'm sorry I didn't come to see again after our first meeting," he said on a more serious note. "I just had to check some things and a mission came up, that I totally forgot to come see you."

So he didn't forget about me after all.

I shook my head. It's not like I wanted him to come see me or anything. Gosh things were really bad with me. This is what happens when you don't talk to a guy for six years unless they are some older camp guard pointing a gun at you 24/7.

Cole sat back in his seat and his smile came back. "So I talked to Cate and the man in charge and they both agreed that it would be a good idea that I trained and taught you a few things. We're the same you and I."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked confused.

"You will know in time. Training starts in ten minutes. I'll be waiting for you." He handed me a pair of gloves, but not rubber like all the yellows wear. "These are for you. Cate told me what you can do and until you can get your power under control I want you to wear these. Don't want you to see inside my head just yet. I'll see you later Em." He then got up and walked away.

I took the gloves he had given me and pulled them on. I headed back to my room and noticed a pile of clothes sitting on the bed.

"Cate brought those for you," Vida said changing into a pair of yoga pants and sports bra.

I shuffled through mile pile of clothes until I found the same thing and changed. I pulled my long black hair back into a ponytail and followed Vida out of the room.

She stopped and looked at me. "Just so you know, you're going to get creamed during training today. They won't take it easy on you."

I had no formal hand to hand combat before and hoped deep down that Cole would take it easy on me and train me like a beginner.