Chapter 4

Chapter 4: The Prince Has Been Captured

I never thought I'd hate Monday even more.

Clutching my bag and readings, I ran to the library to avoid him and those three. I was too anxious to step inside the campus today because of what had transpired last week to the point that I couldn't even sleep properly. Now, I need to cram these readings before our class.

Luckily, there was an empty seat at the right corner. I sat there and was about to get some dictionaries but my phone vibrated. Notifications from both the admin group chat and Kingdom Nook were displayed on my screen and I immediately looked around if there were people near me. When I was sure that I was safe, I sneakily opened my phone and read the messages.

cafemocha: hoy ang cute nung video ni Gisel haha

moonlight: 'di ba? grabe ito yata ang first solo article natin sa kanya

mugiwara: wala na ba siyang ibang news-worthy activities?

cafemocha: ano ka ba, hirap-hirap kaya makahanap ng pwedeng isulat tungkol sa kanya

cafemocha: pwede na 'yan, kita mo nga, ang taas agad ng engagements ng article niya

moonlight: hahaha paano once in a blue moon lang nakikita ang name niya sa portal

Fortunately, there were no details regarding that short clip of him. The writer didn't mention anything about Kingdom Nook or whatever he was laughing at.

I drew a shaky breath as I opened my Nook account and his message last week came into view. It was already hard for me to avoid the spotlight with two of my friends being Campus Princesses. I don't want to get involved with him, too.

My head was starting to ache after thinking about what could happen today so I put down my phone and decided to focus on my readings first.

With the help of a few dictionaries and context clues, I managed to finish reading them and wrote some notes in case our prof asked questions about these. There was still enough time for me to type some update for my story but I didn't want to open my account here, even though this area was quite hidden.

I remembered the little space beside the references shelf so I cleared my things and went to that direction with the dictionaries on my right arm. There was a group of students gathered around the shortest route so I had to take a detour. After returning the dictionaries I got a while ago, I went to the side and peeked to make sure I could work there but I almost yelped when I saw someone lying on the floor.

It was Gisel.

My mind went blank. I wanted to get away but my feet wouldn't even move. I was afraid to make any noise because that would just attract unwanted attention. When I was about to turn around, he suddenly opened his eyes and met mine.

"Hey," he called in a muted tone as he got up.

It looked like I couldn't run away anymore.

With a dejected sigh, I nodded at him. He started looking around and I could see the worry on his face. For someone as carefree as him, seeing that expression was quite a surprise.

"Uhm, I don't think anyone knows you're here," I whispered and that got his attention. "Sorry. I saw the article about you."

He looked at me with a curious expression and I suddenly regretted what I just did. I shouldn't have said that.

"I was actually reading your story that time," he said and I almost choked in shock.

I crouched and put my index finger on my lips, gesturing him to keep quiet. Thank goodness this spot was hidden well and nobody heard that. I hope.