Chapter 8

Chapter 8: There She Goes

I was supposed to celebrate Christmas with our relatives in Korea but I opted to stay because of two reasons: My brother and Alice. He said he'd come here instead so our parents decided to just spend the holiday here. On the other hand, Alice would be alone this Christmas because her Mom and Dad would be on business trips for the rest of the vacation break.

"Yup. I'm here na. Okay."

Mickey, our driver, stopped the car right in front of Alice's house and he helped me with the things I brought. A few seconds later, Alice came into the view and she immediately hugged me. I got worried because she only hugs us when she's hurt or lonely.

We went inside their house and I sat on the couch in the living room. Jess would be late and Steff couldn't come here because she'd spend the break in Canada with her family.

"Ah, saan pala si Tita at si Tito?" I asked awkwardly and I felt embarrassed after speaking in Filipino.

I was expecting Alice to laugh at me but she showed me tears instead. I ran to her and gave her a hug, just enough for her to feel secured and comforted.

Alice seldomly cries and seeing her bawl her eyes out made my heart heavy. It took her a few minutes to calm down and she told me the reason why she couldn't attend yesterday.

"At least, Tita's okay now," I said to lessen her worries.

"Yeah," she smiled but I could see the pain in her eyes.

I couldn't believe Kevin did that, but Tito was at fault, too. It was frustrating because Alice had to get hurt by both men she trusts the most.

"Tara, let's eat outside," I said as I pulled her arm.

"Huh? 'Di ba may dala kang food—"

"Please?"

She finally nodded and we booked a ride to the nearest restaurant. We ordered everything she wanted to eat and a glass of beer.

"Cheers!" we yelled as we shared a toast.

Alice always cheers us up and this time, I want to do the same thing to her.

I snapped a shot of her and posted it on my Instagram.

To the brightest person I know, do not let anyone dim your light

To the brightest person I know, do not let anyone dim your light. 힘내~!

"Ah. Ano palang nangyari kahapon sa Foundation Day?" Alice suddenly asked after taking a sip of beer. "Sabi ni Jess, hindi ka na raw nila nakita." Her eyes narrowed and gave me a suspicious look. "You seem busy these days."

I forced a laugh. "As if. I was just roaming around."

"Kasi may ibang hinahanap?" she teased.

"How about you?" I retorted. "Ikaw hinahanap ba?"