Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Watching From Afar

Today is the last day of classes before the Christmas break, as well as the university's foundation day and the qualifying exam for our batch's campus princes and princesses. Since most professors wouldn't be attending their classes, students were just walking around the campus, enjoying their free time and talking about what they would do during the Christmas break.

I looked at my phone to see if Alice replied to my message but I received none. We were supposed to meet here in the garden and wait for Steff and Jess, who were taking the qualifying exam. I tried calling her because she was already twenty minutes late but she wasn't picking it up. I wonder what happened to her. Did something go wrong with their dinner with Kevin last night?

My worry was pushed at the back of my mind when the group chat popped on my screen.

moonlight: omg sobrang daming articles guys, marereview ba natin 'to lahat?

cafemocha: syempre pa-christmas break na

cafemocha: for sure maraming magsisilabasang issue

mugiwara: grabe 150 pending articles?!

kingtrex: i'm sure most will get rejected

mugiwara: parang pagod na agad ako lol

yeoshin: hehe I'll start reviewing them

Since I was bored and got nothing to do, I started reading and reviewing some of the articles and most of them were just about the activities of campus princes and princesses. Thank god there were no negative articles about Steff, Jess and Alice.

After a while, I went to the library to update my stories. Usually, I prefer to write behind the Arts and Letters building but there were too many students roaming around that it felt unsafe. Ironically, since today's the last day, the library was almost empty and that made it the best place to update.

I started writing the story based on Alice and it became easier when I thought about what could've happened yesterday. A conflict was needed and I made her disappointed at his actions. I was too focused that I finished typing three chapters in no time.

Hi, readers! Ah, finally, it's Christmas break tomorrow! So here's a treat for you! Double update today! Xxx

I posted two of three chapters I wrote today and they immediately commented how grateful they were. I couldn't help but smile upon reading those messages. A simple appreciation could really make any writer happy.

Scrolling through the comments lifted up my spirit but I halted when I saw his username.

iamaroyalty: After all that stress, I immediately came here. I never thought that this has become my stress-reliever. Haha.

Several readers replied to his post, saying they feel the same and somehow it felt weird. I wonder how would they react if they learned that that person is Calvin Gisel Villanueva.

It looked like the qualifying exam was finished since he was already online. Steff and Jess must be on their way to the garden so I packed my things and left the library. I was walking on the corridor when I received a message from Jess.

Sorry! Mukhang hindi na kami makakapunta. Napaaga ang meeting namin para sa activities sa Foundation day huhu. Sunod ka na lang sa open field mamaya.

It took me a minute to fully understand her text. She really did what she said last time and started talking to me in Filipino. Good thing she just used words that were easy to comprehend.