Chapter 30

Chapter 30: A Good Day

It felt like my brain just short-circuited.

I was supposed to lead him to the best spot where we could see the cherry blossoms but he was the one pulling me now. My gaze landed to our hands and my face immediately felt hot.

"Dito?" he asked while turning his head behind and pointing at the right road.

I was so flustered that I just pointed at the left while looking at the ground. He just chuckled and continued walking. I was hoping he would finally let go of my hand but instead, his grip got tighter.

We arrived at the street with lesser people but most of them were couples. They were taking photos of themselves with the cherry blossoms as their background.

"Gusto mo?" he asked.

"E-eh? Hmm?"

He pointed at the sakura tree beside us. "Picture-an kita?"

It took me a few seconds before his words sunk in my mind. I declined since I knew I would look awkward. He finally let go of my hand and started taking photos of the surroundings.

I sighed in relief as I stared at my shaking hand. His hand was warm and big enough to enclose mine. My cheeks got hot again after thinking how we just walked along the sakura trees while holding each other's hand. It got to the point where I had to take off my cardigan because even my body got hot from the overwhelming feelings.

When I looked around, he was already getting asked by some couples to take their pictures. A smile escaped my lips as I watched him enjoy everything. I sneakily took a photo of him as he walked toward the sea of cherry blossoms but I almost stumbled when he suddenly turned to my direction.

"Yna," he called and he pointed at the tree on his right side.

I went to his direction and stood beside him. We stared at the tallest and largest tree along the street and my heart fluttered upon thinking how romantic the ambiance was.

He suddenly chuckled, prompting me to look at him, and saw him staring at his phone. I wanted to ask what that was about but I didn't have the courage. Our gazes met each other, and he grinned at me. My heart skipped a beat and I had to step back when he leaned closer.

"Look," he said while showing me his phone. My mouth hung open when I saw a candid photo of mine, staring at the beautiful cherry blossom. "Maganda ba?"

I wasn't able to answer because I was too flustered

I wasn't able to answer because I was too flustered. The photo was aesthetically pleasing but me being the subject was too embarrassing.

He just snickered when I didn't reply and we continued walking down the street. I kept my hands behind me and quietly followed him.

My lips curved upward as I stared at the flowers. The petals burst out from the boughs; others fluttered gently down the ground. It felt like I was a main character in a story that I was writing.