Chapter 27

Lucy

Rogue safely tucked us away in the safety of his shadow as the meteors rained down and I cried into his arms.

"All this time I thought she was dead." I bawled out to him, clutching his top in my hands. He stroked my hair soothingly.

"It's okay Lucy. I'm sure that girl has lost this so the keys are yours."

"B-But our deal was only the God Keys."

"That's your mom Lucy...she sure didn't look happy when she was summoned." He's right. Thinking of it she looked miserable and beaten mentally. She was probably beaten physically was well, I felt my rage spark up again as the meteors slowly came to a stop. We left his shadow to see everyone else slowly coming out. Horologium and my mom were gone as was Zeus but there was no Vona. Only her keys which sat where I last saw her. I picked them up and sighed in relief as I took them and hooked them on my belt.

"Lucy..." I heard the familiar voice of my ex best friend.

"I have nothing to say to you...Dragneel." I sneered at them as Rogue took my hand comfortingly.

"Lucy, please let us help in this fight. Let us prove that we deserve your forgiveness." Natsu begged.

"You left me. You forgot me. Hurt me and you want forgiveness." I asked menacingly.

"We can help you Lucy." Erza butted in, trying to save Natsu as usual. As much as I didn't want this to happen I knew that even with the god keys our chances of winning were still slim. With Fairy Tail's help we could very well win this, I sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Very well, I'll allow it. BUT this does not mean I forgive you, if you can survive I might think about it." I told them as I waved my portal key through the air. "Open; gate to Sabertooth. Meet at Sabertooth guild hall in 2 weeks." I told them as we walked through the portal back into the guild hall. Shadow, Sting and Twilight went to research into where more of the god keys were and Rogue and I went to the clearing where I first made my contracts with Yukino's spirits.

"Lucy." Rogue smiled softly at me as he leaned in and kissed me quickly. "Let's meet your mom." I nodded and took the new and final Black key in my hand.

"Open, gate of the Queen. Cassiopeia." I chanted as the bells chanted and out appeared my mom. I stood there for a few seconds before flying into her arms and crying.

"My lucky Lucy, how you've grown." She smiled at me warmly as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Mom...I missed you so much, I wrote to you every single day." I sobbed into her arms.

"It's okay my darling daughter. We're finally reunited. I've been waiting for this day." She smiled at me, letting me go. "Now introduce me to this gentleman."

"Oh. Mom this is Rogue, my mate." I explained as Rogue took my hand and smiled.

"Hello, Mrs Heartfilia. It's nice to finally meet you." He bowed to her to show his respects.

"I hope you're taking care of my daughter."

"I am. We've been through some challenges and even though we haven't been together very long, I can honestly say I love her and would do anything for her." My face lit up and I squeezed his hand tighter.

"Then, I accept this relationship. As long as Lucy is happy. Oh! Before I go, as I know Lucy needs to speak with Zeus, After this battle is over, please both of you as well as your sibling bonds, come to the Celestial world. There is a matter which we would like to discuss. But you must defeat your foe first." I nodded and hugged my mother goodbye.

"Bye mom..."

"You can see me any time you wish, My little star. Just call for me. I'm so proud of you." She smiled down at Lucy as she slowly disappeared into gold sparkles. I wiped the happy tears from my eyes and flicked through the new keys.

"Open! Gate of the King of Gods! Zeus!" I chanted. The familiar appearance that I was battling against appeared.

"Lucy Heartfilia. That was quite impressive." He smirked at me. "You have a question, no?" He asked.

"I do. I wish to know the location of the other gods keys to defeat Zeref." Zeus sighed.

"Lucy, to obtain all of the god keys. You will be the first."

"I know."

"It will put a price on your head." I nodded at him determined.

"I am well aware but I will protect you all with my life. We are allies not master and owner! Friends! Family! We look out for each other so anyone who wants you anyways is gonna have to go through me." I declared proudly. He burst out into laughter.

"I like you Kiddo, Okay." He agreed as he waved his hands in front of him. "Clouds in my hand, show me what I wish to see
Show me clarity
COUNCIL OF TWELVE" he chanted. A vapour came out of his hands in light blue and slowly a cloud started to form on top of the cloud it showed a circle split into 12. Majority showed Lucy, but it also showed that Minerva and Kai's team had been successful and had gained their key, it also showed that Orga's team was on the right track to finding theirs but Dobengal's team had returned to Sabertooth unable to reach the key of Hephaestus which was located in the far mountains of Ishgar.

"Shadow, Sting. Can you get Hephaestus' key? I need to make the contracts with the other keys as quick as I can." Shadow grinned at me and nodded.

"You can count on us, Sis!" Sting nodded from behind her.

"We'll meet you back at Sabertooth. Take care of Rogue while I'm gone." I nodded to Sting and took Rogues hand.

"We've got a war to plan..."