Hey there Incredible Sulk

Virgil pov:

It's the first day of senior year and as usual I'm not okay (I promise) with it. School wouldn't be so bad if one person wasn't there, sir-sing-a-lot himself, Roman. I swear that man has a list of nicknames to call me, his favorite seems to be "Panic at the Everywhere" I got so used to hearing that one it may as well be my name. I don't think he even cared to learn my name. I sigh

"okay Virgil no point in delaying the inevitable, let's get dressed." I tell myself

I throw on a dark purple shirt and my black and purple hoodie. I grab my headphones, opened Spotify and threw on my 'Emo' playlist. The first song that came on was 'Thnks fr th Mmrs' by Fall Out Boy. I turn it up and start walking to school.

I'm gonna make you bend and break
(it sent you to me without wings)
Say a prayer but let the good times roll
In case God doesn't show
(let the good times roll, let the good times roll)
And I want these words to make things right
But it's the wrongs that make the words come to life
"Who does he think he is?"
If that's the worst you got
Better put your fingers back to the keys

One night and one more time
Thanks for the memories
Even though they weren't so great
"He tastes like you only sweeter, "
One night, yeah, and one more time
Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories
"See, he tastes like you only sweeter."

Been looking forward to the future
But my eyesight is going bad
And this crystal ball
Is always cloudy except for (except for)
When you look into the past (look into the past)
One night stand (one night stand off)

One night and one more time
Thanks for the memories
Even though they weren't so great
"He tastes like you only sweeter."
One night, yeah, and one more time
Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories
"See, he tastes like you only sweeter."

They say I only think in the form of crunching numbers
In hotel rooms collecting page six lovers
Get me out of my mind and get you out of those clothes
I'm a liner away from getting you into the mood, whoa

One night and one more time
Thanks for the memories
Even though they weren't so great
"He tastes like you only sweeter."
One night, (oh!) yeah, (oh!) and one more time
Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories
"See, he tastes like you only sweeter."

One night and one more time (one more night, one more time)
Thanks for the memories
Even though they weren't so great
"he tastes like you only sweeter." (oh)
One night, yeah, and one more time (one more night, one more time)
Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories (thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories)
"see, he tastes like you only sweeter." (oh)

I make it to school right as the bell for first period starts. I look at my schedule first class is English. Awesome something I'm actually good at! Something a lot of people don't know about me is I love to write, mostly poetry. I got me teased a lot in middle school. I was called all kinds of names 'gay' was the most common one. Yeah so what I like guys. Who cares? That was one thing Roman didn't tease me for, is he gay too? Maybe he doesn't know I am? Please how could he not know? He used to make snide comments at me and Deceit, that's just what he has us call him, when we were dating. We found out we're better as friends and thankfully it hasn't been awkward. Deceit is actually dating Remus now and I gotta admit they are cute together.

"Virgil" I'm brought back to reality by the teacher calling my name.

"Here."

I forgot to take my headphones off. My teacher is Mr. Sanders, he's really cool, I had him last year too and I found I could always talk to him if I needed something. He helped me a lot when Roman's teasing got too much to handle.

"Sorry I'm late Mr. Sanders, my car wouldn't start." I look up and see it was Roman. Oh great my least favorite person is in my favorite class with me. This year is going to be hell.

"Maybe take the bus next time Roman, just have a seat."

Roman plopped down in the seat in front of me. Great.

"Hey there Incredible Sulk, how was your summer? Gloomy like you I'm sure." Roman smirked

"I'm sorry only one of us has a job and didn't have to have daddy talk the principle into passing us." I remarked.

He glared at me and turned around. God why did he think he's so much better than everyone? I spend the rest of first period staring at the back of Roman's head, why the hell is he so tall? The bell finally rings, I wait for everyone to leave as I pretend to fiddle with my backpack.

"You alright Virgil?" Mr. Sanders asked me

"Yeah I'm fine, I just can't stand Roman."

"I know you can't but it will be okay and if you need to talk you know where to find me."

"Thank you Mr. Sanders."

"You can call me Thomas when it's just us." He smiled.

"Okay, thank you, Thomas." It felt weird to say his first name but he's always been so nice to me.

I head out to my next class, ready for it to be lunch time, that means it's closer to time to go home, or in my case work. I work part time at a Hot Topic. I love it there, I can be myself and nerd out with people like me. It's probably the only place my anxiety doesn't act up.

*Time skip brought to you by Crofters*

Lunch time finally, not that I really ever eat, actually I don't eat. I've been anorexic for about three years now. There isn't really a reason for it. I just don't want to eat. I look around the packed lunch room, Deceit and Remus are sitting together making out, I roll my eyes. Those two are still cute together don't get me wrong I just wish I wasn't so alone. I start to walk towards them when

*BANG*

I ran into someone.

"Ohmygoshareyouokay?" The other person sounded panicked.

"Yeah Yeah I'm good." I said rubbing my head.

"I'm so sorry I didn't see you there."

"You're good dude, accidents happen."

"My name is Patton." he said extending a hand to me.

"Virgil" I reply

"I'm new here so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I was looking for somewhere to sit but all the tables are taken." Patton said all this in one breath.

"It's cool man, I get it. This school is pretty big. Hopefully you don't get too lost." I start to walk off.

"Umm, would it be okay if I sit with you?" His question caught me off guard, no one ever asks to sit with me.

"Sure dude. Just fair warning my friends over there" I point to Remus and Deceit "probably won't notice you, there too busy swapping spit."

Patton looks in the direction I'm pointing and smiles.

"As long as they are happy."

Oh brother this one is a beacon of positivity. Oh well, I hope those two don't scar the poor kid. We sit through lunch and Patton seems like a nice guy, he sure loves his dad jokes. Maybe he won't be so bad to have around.

The bell rings and it's time for class.

"Hey Virgil, where is room 2B?" Patton asked me.

"Oh that's actually where I'm headed so you can just follow me."

You would think I just asked the man to pet a truck full of puppies, he got a huge smile on his face and about tackled me in a hug.

"Oh-Kay so small thing" I say peeling him off me "I don't do hugs"

"Oh I'm so sorry! I just got really excited." He frantically apologized.

"You're good, now come on we don't wanna be late."

(Hey guys, I know this chapter was pretty long 1425 words but I hope you don't mind. Anyways I hope y'all enjoyed that and don't worry there is more to come! See y'all in the next chapter!)