13 : tradition

Chapter 13

Third Person Point of View

Suho and his friend walked through the hallway after their quick lunch at their usual hangout place with the other members, as usual, the crowd parted away, some stopped and bowed their heads while the others scram away quickly in fear.

To be honest, he never gets used to this. He never expected to be selected as one of the EXO members last year. If only he can turn back time, will there be a possibility that his name won't be called out during that selection?

"Hyung, I don't think that I can cover up for you any longer. The members are suspecting something, especially Kai and I am running out of ideas on how to patch things up because of your absence. Maybe you should take a break from this.", the boy said in a low tone.

They stopped in front of their locker then Suho said, "What if she moves away again? This might be my last chance."

"Hyung, you need to understand. We are not like the other kids, you are one of the EXO members. Whatever you are doing right now is against the rule-"

"I know Baekhyun, I admit that I made a mistake trying to approach her during the class session. I have a plan okay, don't worry", Suho snapped, rubbing his temple.

Baekhyun sighed, transferring some books for the next class into his bag, and looked at Suho with a serious face, "Tell me, what is your plan?".

"I will approach her after school-",

"Yah, Hyung! Come on!", Baekhyun lightly hit Suho's arm, "Are you insane?!"

"What choice do I have? Do you think I want to be in this school? If it is not because of my parents, I will not be studying here, I won't get my hands dirty by doing this job as an EXO member. This school's tradition sucks-", Baekhyun quickly covered Suho's mouth before he can blurt out more stupid words that he may regret later.

"Enough, I get your point.", Baekhyun hissed, eyeing Suho and promptly glance around the hallway, lucky no one was around, Baekhyun thought to himself.

Suho removed Baekhyun's hand and leaned against the locker, with his head hung low, he groaned loudly. "Baekhyun, I want to resign from the group."

A hand smacked his head roughly and the owner yelled, "Don't talk nonsense"

"Arg, that hurts a lot", Suho moaned rubbing his now injured head. "Don't ever think about resigning again", Baekhyun said in a harsh tone.

Baekhyun shut his locker and zipped his school bag, just about to move to their respective classes, Suho said, "I don't want Hana to know the truth yet, I want to tell her all by myself."

Baekhyun stopped, he turned around and faced him."Then you better hurry up and talk to her, I will try my best to cover things up for you."

Suho's lips slowly curled up, he jumped toward Baekhyun and hug his right hand," Thanks Baekie, I owe you big time!".

"Yah! Don't call me that", Baekhyun's face scrunched, shaking his hand to get rid of Suho's grip.

"I love you Baekiee", Suho smiled cheekily, "Ewww!", Baekhyun screamed. "Help me! Help me!"

Despite Baekhyun's scream for help, no one actually dared to help him. Students flooded the hallway once again indicating that lunch break was almost over, some students steal a glance towards the duo, some were openly showing their excitement a few lockers away from the duo.