doodling

You sat crisscrossed on the couch, a notebook in your lap as you sketched casually.
"What are you doing, (Y/n)?" you heard Chucky ask curiously from below. He looked up at you, hands propped on the couch cushion as he tried to get a better look.
"Oh, I'm just drawing, Chucky. It's something I like to do for fun," you replied.
"Fun?" Chucky repeated. "I wanna have fun, too."
You smiled. "Sure, we can draw together if you want," you said, getting up.
He nodded excitedly. You went to retrieve a few pieces of paper and some crayons for him to use. Setting them on the floor with care, you showed him the various colors he could use and slid a piece of paper in his direction. You then lay on your stomach beside him, resuming your work. He eagerly began to scribble away, giggling happily.
After a few minutes of listening to him color, the noise finally ceased as he turned to look at you.
"(Y/n), I finished my drawing!" he exclaimed proudly.
"Awesome! Lemme see," you chuckled, moving to sit next to him and wrapping an arm around him.
He lifted the paper and handed it to you, which you took from him gently. It was a messy, but readable picture of you and him side by side in a grassy, open field with flowers blooming here and there. Above the two smiling figures were the poorly written words "best buddies".
"Aw, Chucky," you shielded your eyes to avoid him seeing the tears starting to form.
"(Y/n)? What's wrong? Do you not like it?" he asked nervously.
You removed your hand and looked down at him. He looked back at you with a face full of concern and unease. You suddenly burst into laughter, scooping him up and squeezing him tight as you laughed.
"No, honey, I love it!" you cried, burying your face into his hair and continuing to snicker. He quickly lit up, wrapping his arms around your neck and beginning to laugh, too.
"Thank you so much. I love you, buddy," you kissed his cheek and held him close.
"I'd do anything for my best b-b-buddy," the android chirped.