other friends

"Are you okay, (Y/n)?"
You jumped as you were pulled from your thoughts, turning to find Chucky gently gripping the sleeve of your sweater. He wore a concerned look on his freckled face.
"Yeah, I'm... I'm okay, Chucky," you mumbled. "It's just stuff with my other friends."
Chucky tilted his head, moving to hug you from the side. His chin rested on your shoulder, and his eyes suddenly looked clouded with pain.
"They hurt (Y/n)?" he asked slowly.
You nodded slightly and wiped a tear with the back of your hand.
"Nobody hurts my best buddy," he said defiantly. "I'll hurt them back for you."
"No, Chucky, you can't hurt them," you quickly wrapped your arms around him and brought him into your lap.
"You can't hurt them," you repeated. "It won't solve anything."
As your fingers smoothed through his hair, he tried to push the thought of hurting those so-called 'friends' aside. If you didn't want him to do it, then he wouldn't. The last thing he wanted to do was make you unhappy. Pushing those thoughts aside, he instead focused on comforting you.
"What did they do?" he murmured.
You swallowed, squeezing the android tighter. "They just... they all avoid me and act like they don't wanna be my friend. I don't know what I did wrong. I feel like I've driven them all away."
Chucky listened intently as you ranted about how your friends had been treating you and the things they had done. Once you felt you had let it all out, you heaved a sigh and buried your face into Chucky's hair, savoring the warmth and tranquility of holding him so close.
A few moments of comfortable silence passed before he spoke again. "Do not be sad, (Y/n). I will never leave you. I will always be here, because you're my best buddy!" he assured you, resting his head on your chest.
You couldn't help but snort, gathering the optimistic little robot closer under your chin. You realized that whatever might happen, you would always have at least one friend that would never let you down.
"Yay!" he suddenly cheered. "I made you smile again!"
Chuckling even more, you shook your head in defeat and buried your face in his hair. "You're such a dork."
Chucky smiled upon hearing your laughter, snuggling close and gripping your sweater tightly.
"I know you would never do that to me, bud. You're the most precious thing on earth to me, the one person I can always trust. You're the thing I cherish most above all in this big, scary world," you gazed down to look at the small bundle of joy curled up in your arms, who smiled even wider from the praise he received. You squeezed him lovingly and kissed his head. "I'm so glad I have you. I love you so much, Chucky."
  "I love you, too, (Y/n)!" he squeaked, nuzzling under your chin.
You sat in silence for a while, cuddling him like a baby and petting his hair.
"Do you want me to sing you the buddi song?" he whispered after a while.
"Yes, please," you chuckled, holding your beloved doll close as he sang.