the dream

The boy opened the door to the pitch-black bedroom slowly. Chucky turned his head slightly from where he sat on a bed, holding a little teddy bear.
"I'm sorry, Andy," Chucky whimpered.
Andy. That was who this was.
The scene suddenly evaporated like mist. Now Andy was bashing Chucky's head against the floor, screaming something incoherent. You instantly tried to run to get him off, but your feet were somehow rooted to the spot.
Different events began to fade in and out of your vision. Andy ripping Chucky's battery out, stabbing him in the chest, ignoring him and treating him like utter garbage. You tried to close your eyes but you couldn't, and the sound of Chucky's scared and confused voice filled your head louder than ever.
Finally, it all ceased. You were left with only one scene. A battered, bruised and bloody Andy straddled Chucky as he wrenched a knife out of his chest, watching as sparks flew into the air.
"Andy... I thought we were f-f-friends," Chucky stuttered.
You could've sworn you felt your heart break.
Your eyes flew open to the sight of fake plastic stars twinkling from your ceiling. Shakily, you turned your head to look down at the sleeping form of Chucky curled up against you. A small sigh of relief escaped you at the realization that your doll was unharmed.
But the moment was soon forgotten. Your heart ached thinking about all that you had saw. It was unbearable.
Gently, you reached down to brush some hair out of Chucky's face. His eyes instantly flickered to life as he raised his head to smile up at you. You barely choked back a sob.
"Oh, my sweet baby," you cried, lifting him up and squeezing him protectively.
Unaware of the reason for your sudden affection, Chucky happily clung to you and enjoyed the attention.
"Chucky, can I ask you something?" you croaked after a moment.
"Sure," the android smiled innocently.
You hesitated. "Am I... do I treat you better than... Andy?"
  Chucky was silent for a moment, his smile faltering as he remembered his previous owner. Then he looked back up at you and grinned again.
He nodded. "You're a lot nicer than Andy was. Andy never played with me, or gave me hugs and kisses like you do!"
You laughed softly. "I just wanna be a better friend than he was. I want you to be much more happy with me than you were with him, because that's what you deserve. But sometimes I don't know if I'm doing enough," you muttered.
Chucky reached up to grasp at either side of your face playfully. "You're a better best b-buddy than Andy was. I wanna stay here with you!"
Your aching heart began to soothe at his words. You continued to hold him and give him small kisses on the head.
"I love you, (Y/n)," he whispered blissfully.
"I love you, too, Chucky," you replied, closing your eyes and cuddling him close.