broken

"You are my buddy, until the end. More than a buddy, you're my best f-fr-frieeeeeeeeeee-e-e-eeeee..."
Chucky was in the middle of singing while you held him as you made yourself dinner, when he suddenly began to glitch out.
You stopped what you were doing and looked down at him. You were used to his glitches, but it always bothered you whenever he would experience them, instantly making you worry that there was something wrong.
"You okay, buddy?"
He returned your gaze and nodded, a visible frown on his face.
You frowned as well. Hugging him closer to your chest, you asked: "Hey, what's wrong?"
He didn't look at you. When he spoke again, his voice was soft with hurt.
"I'm sorry I'm broken, (Y/n)," he murmured.
His words were like a knife to your heart. Slowly, you moved to cradle his cheek with your hand.
"Sweetheart, what do you mean?"
His frown only deepened as he buried his face in your shoulder.
Quickly, you made your way to the couch and sat down. Sensing that he needed a moment, you just held him close and smoothed your fingers through his hair.
"I'm sorry I'm broken," he repeated, his voice muffled.
You felt the jab in your heart again. "Oh, Chucky," you began softly, "it's okay. I don't care that you're a little buggy."
"B-but I'm broken! I'm not good enough for you, and I'm s-scared you're gonna leave me forever and never come back, because you can't fix me," he cried, clutching your shirt tighter.
"Oh, baby, no," you were beginning to tear up yourself. You continued to hug the little doll tight, desperately trying to sooth him. "Chucky, honey, don't ever think like that. So what if you're a little glitchy? It's not your fault. It doesn't matter, cause I love you just the way you are."
You gave him a peck on the forehead. Delicately taking his little hands in yours, you looked him in the eye.
"I promise I will never, ever leave you for any reason. It doesn't matter to me. What matters is that you're my best friend, and that you make me the happiest person in the whole wide world. I'll always love you the same, no matter what."
Hesitantly, his smile returned. You pulled him close again and peppered his face with kisses.
"I love you so much, sweetheart," you murmured as happy tears began to fall from your cheeks. "I love you so, so, so much, and I wouldn't change a thing about you if I could."
He smiled wider and snuggled happily up to your chest, enjoying the praise and acceptance he received from the person he loved most.