attention

You were playing a game on your phone as you sat on the couch. Chucky watched you from across the room, quickly growing upset that you weren't paying attention to him. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head.
"(Y/n), I hurt my leg!" he cried.
You looked up from your phone. He was slowly waddling towards you, a distraught look on his face.
"You hurt your leg? You can... feel pain?" you furrowed your brow.
He nodded, still frowning.
The doll thought he had fooled you, but you knew Chucky all too well. He obviously wanted some attention. So, playing along, you reached out to him.
"Aww, c'mere and let me take a look."
You lifted him into your lap, where he immediately snuggled close.
"Where'd you hurt it? Here?" you tapped one of his knees.
He nodded.
"Alright, lemme take a look," you replied.
You gently rolled up his pant leg and delicately held up his knee. Of course, the robotic joint had no visible injury, but you continued to play along.
"Aw, you must've just bumped it. Do you want me to kiss it to make it better?"
"Yes, please."
Smiling, you leaned down and kissed his knee. When you looked down at him again, he was looking up at you with his big, goofy smile.
"You feel better, bud?" you chuckled.
  He nodded happily, resting his head on your shoulder and gripping your shirt tight.
"You gotta be more careful, goofball. I don't want you getting hurt," you snickered, lifting him to your chest. You took one of his tiny hands in yours and gave it a kiss. 
He snuggled close and giggled as you pampered him, your nose nuzzled into the soft hair on his head. Chucky was no doubt as needy as a small child, but you didn't care.