a gift

Chucky had always been noticeably clingy and overprotective of you since you had first become acquainted. When it came to the clinginess, it was mostly when you had to leave him by himself. Everyday when you would leave for work, you could tell that he wasn't thrilled to say the least. The first few weeks were the hardest, as he would cling to your leg and beg for you to stay. He was miserable as he waited several hours for your return each day. And when you would finally return, you had to hold him and carry him around for the rest of the night, like a child in need of attention. One day, you decided it wouldn't hurt to get him something that would hopefully help him.
  You unlocked the door to your home and entered, greeted by Chucky running to hug your legs as he cheered your name like he did everyday.
"You're home! Now we can play again!" he chirped.
"Hold on, buddy. First, I gotta show you what I got for you," you giggled and scooped him into your arms.
  You handed him a small teddy bear, and he took it gently with his little hands, looking down and inspecting it. He instantly grinned from ear to ear, squeezing it to his chest.
  "It's a teddy bear!" he beamed.
  You chuckled and nuzzled his forehead with your nose affectionately. "It is! Do you like it?"
  He nodded. "Thank you, (Y/n). I love it!"
  "I thought maybe you could use something to help you feel better when I'm not here."
  "It will help me! Now I'm not all alone when you have to go away. We can both wait for you to come home together!"
  Still laughing to yourself, you stood and took him with you to prepare dinner.
  From that day on, he carried the little bear around with him everywhere, and hugged it close whenever he felt lonely when you weren't there. And every night, as you snuggled down beside him, he would have the teddy bear held close.