lonely

It was one of those days. The days that have a rocky start from the moment you wake up. The days that only seem to keep getting worse. The days that you feel so alone, so helpless, and so lost.
  You sat up in bed that night and allowed the tears that had been held back all day to finally flow freely. You cried softly, careful not to wake Chucky, who slept only a foot away from you. You didn't want him to see you like this.
  The world around you was pitch black as you cried into your knees. You almost didn't hear the voice beside you.
  "(Y/n)?" you heard Chucky ask softly.
  Bringing your head up to look at him, he instantly noticed your tear-stained face and jumped to make his way over to you. He stood in front of you and took your hand in his much smaller ones.
  "Is my best buddy okay?" he asked worriedly.
  You sniffled, using your free hand to wipe away some stray tears. "No... I guess not," you mumbled, voice cracking a bit.
  He cocked his head, still staring at you intently.
  You sighed and squeezed his hand. "I guess I just feel kinda... lonely. I feel like things just keep getting worse for me, and I'm driving everyone away because of it."
  The tears began to form again, and you buried your face in your knees once more. "I don't know what to do," you croaked.
  He helplessly watched you cry for a moment, trying to think of what he could to do help.
  You felt his grip tighten before he spoke. "It's okay, (Y/n), I will never leave you. You're my best buddy. I'll always be right here, by your side."
  You looked up at him again, and he offered a small smile. You slowly imitated him and shed a few happy tears.
"Yeah, I know," you nodded.
He then crawled into your arms, hugging you as tightly as he could. His little hand rubbed your back in soothing strokes, as you had done to him many times before.
"When you feel lonely and you start to cry, I am always by your side," your little robotic companion sang gently.