Chapter 41 ~ Injuries

By the time Mikayla was two months old Harry could start to stay home during the day to look after her while Jade and I worked. I had a feeling Jade was having withdrawals from seeing her daughter, but she didn't let that interfere with her job. She stuck to her ways and made sure she was still strict when she needed to be. I could tell the senoirs were happy she was back, I knew they missed her when she left for maternity leave. 

Jade still looked good, she did some excercise with Harry at the gym when he went. So her baby weight has pretty much gone and she's back to herself. Well, except her breasts, they've gotten bigger and I could see all the teenage boys staring at her clevage more than before. 

The students were all nosey about the baby, and I found it odd. Students don't normally interact with their teachers, they normally keep their distance unless necessary. I did inform them on what I thought was appropriate and didn't on what wasn't, but that's about it.

"Right, guys I know it's near the end of the term but you need to get your work finished and handed up" I spoke to the P.E class.

"But Mr. Tomlinson-" 

"No, you have to get this done it's due Friday" they all groaned but moved to the computers at the back of the classroom. 

By the time it was my last of class of the day I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep. Mikayla was up all night last night and it was my turn to get her back to sleep. 

Because Harry works late nights we all decided it was fair for him to just have day jobs and Jade and I would take in turns in getting Mikayla if she cried during the night. Unfortunately, last night was one of those nights where she wouldn't go back to sleep. She didn't cry much, she just wouldn't sleep.

I was outside, watching the students get involved in a game of volleyball. They were all doing well, even if the boys, mostly, decided to be immature and stuff around with the ball. 

"Mr. Tomlinson, will you join our game?" Haley, Hayden's sister, asked me. "Please we're one down and the boys are all rough" I sighed, I'm not evaluating yet.

"Sure" she smiled happily and waited patiently for the next game. 

We all lined up, three in front and three in the back. I started off the serve and got it over the net easily and the rally continued for a fair amount of time. The girls called out 'mine' to let the others know to back off. I stayed out of the way mostly, only going for the ball when it was coming directly towards me, other than that I let the girls play.

When Hayley dunked it straight down and the boys missed it, they all groaned in disappointment. We went again, myself serving once again, and the rally began. I saw the other students begin to sit down and watch the game get heated as the rounds went. 

But of course, everything good has to come to an end. Just as I went for the ball, I bumped into one of the other players and fell to the pavement. I heard my body hit the ground, as well as a snapping sound. Then, a searing pain went through the top of my arm.

I groaned in pain and grabbed the sore spot, only for it to hurt even more. "Shit" I cursed. Very unprofessional of me. 

"Oh my God! I am so sorry Mr Tomlinson. I didn't see you there" I couldn't respond because the pain felt too much to handle but I did manage to nod and shake off her worry. 

I heard a small chat brewing throughout the class before I heard the boys talking about helping me up and someone going to the office. The two strongest boys came over and gently picked me up, helping me on my feet and helped me to the office where the other student went to inform someone of the accident. 

"Louis, this is the second accident we've had with you" one of the office ladies said teasingly. I smiled through the pain, showing I took the statement as a joke. "Do we need to call Jade?" 

"I gu-ow!" I moved my arm too much. "Yeah" the students stayed where they were, watching on in slight worry, and curiousity. 

"Okay, stay calm Louis. Lesson's nearly over. We'll get Jade to come as soon as she finishes" I nodded.

Not even two minutes after the call the bell went and Jade was rushing into the office. By now the students had gone out of the office with one of the office workers and to pack up the equipment. 

When Jade met my eyes, she sighed. I could tell what her emotion was, it wasn't half obvious. "Well done Louis" she teased. "Come on" I nodded and got up, only I could injure myself.

+

"What did you do now?" Harry asked as Jade and I walked into the house. 

"I broke my arm" I mumbled. The drugs they gave me to stop the pain had made me drowsy and all I wanted to do now was sleep. I slumped on the couch and pretty much fell asleep. 

"How'd you do that?" I heard him ask. But I was preoccupied with getting comfortable on the couch.

"He joined in a game of volleyball with the class, he tripped or something and landed on his arm" she shook her head. "Where's Mikayla?" 

"In her crib, should be awake soon" I heard Jade leave the room, and felt Harry take a seat on the end of the couch pulling my legs over his lap. "God Lou, you're an idiot" 

"Hey! I am not!" Harry laughed at my whining.

"Yes you are, but I love you" he leaned over and pecked my lips. "Now sleep, you're tired" 

"Yes sir" I saluted him.

A/N am I the only one who laughed at the ending of this chapter? Yes? Okay then..

I'm updating pretty much daily now because it's getting close to the end AND I've finished writing it.. I think there's like 60 chapters :O 

Comment and vote for me!