𝖀𝖓𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉🎎
26 ᔕᗴᑭTᗴᗰᗷᗴᖇ

"I can't believe it's been 60 years since my Father started this dynasty." June spoke with his right arm wrapped around Ada's waist as he gave a heartfelt toast to his former and current staff.

"And it's the most glorious victory of all time to call it my own. This dinner is to honor my Father, who was the dynasty's patriarch that ruled for 38 years before his heinous death." Ada rubbed June's back as his eyes brimmed with phony tears.

June's pseudo tears swiftly vanished as he held his Champagne glass in the air, "But this ain't a sorrowful occasion." He paused briefly hoping to sound unfeigned as he showcased his legendary smirk.

"We're embarking upon an extraordinary journey with the family empire...this toast goes to Earl Matthews my Father who started it all." June stated while slowly sipping on his Champagne observing that the Edwards were absent.

The sound of voices mingled with a scraping of chairs against the marble tile brought June back into reality, "Babe are you okay?" Ada questioned causing him to nod before they headed back to their seats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello. I'm not here right now, so leave a message! Make it short, make it sweet, or I'll have to press delete." Keva's voicemail boom though the phone making Bryson groan in annoyance as he pressed the end button.

Attempting to contact his wife for the 8th time but immediately stopped when he heard their front-door close, "Where da fuck have you been Keva?" Bryson calmly asked placing his cellphone on the quartz kitchen countertop.

Keva ignored his outraged question while placing groceries into their refrigerator, "So you deaf now?" He questioned whilst invading her personal space causing her to huff in the process. "Do you want chicken or fish for dinner?" Keva raised her right eyebrow as he exhaled deeply.

"Un-fucken-believable! Your just gonna pretend like it's not Kadyn's 10th birthday? You behave like our child never fucken existed." Bryson spoke with heartache laced in his voice as Keva hastily excused herself from the kitchen.

Today Bryson arranged for them to plant their son a memorial tree at his favorite place which was the beach, Kadyn loved nature and wildlife exactly like his Mommy. Bryson thought it would have been wondrous to incorporate their interest; his wife never wanted to participate in anything that was related to Kadyn.

"Keva I just want you to acknow-" Keva instantly interrupted his statement, "I can't! It pains me to know I couldn't protect my baby from that bullet... I-I was a lousy Mommy." She buried her face into her shaky hands as she sob.

Bryson pulled Keva into his chest placing a soft kiss to her forehead, "I understood Babe I really do, but you have to allow me to help you grow and get through this. Your not in this alone I promise." He spoke through gritted teeth as a few tears fell onto his full cheeks whilst swaying them from side to side.

"I don't try to make it seem-m like Kadyn never existed... I-I just really want him here with us." Keva's voice was tremulous as she spoke into his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I really enjoyed myself tonight." Tanya spoke while hugging June and Ada goodbye, "I'm just happy you and Coolio could help us celebrate the anniversary of my Father's in-law business." Ada stated pulling away from the hug.

"Of Course he was like a Father to us as well." Coolio help Tanya with her coat as they continued with their conversation, "Well it's getting pretty late so we're going to head outta here." Coolio and Tanya were now outside after she remember their photos from the picture booth were on Ada and June's kitchen countertop.

"I'll be right back Baby." She informed Coolio as he got into their SUV whilst she headed back into the house.

She proceeded to walk into the kitchen but instantly paused when she heard the couple chatting, "You think they know and that's why they didn't attend the dinner?" Ada asked popping a grape into her mouth whilst June shrugged his shoulders.

"It's been 5 years now and that's why we had the dinner today on his birthday." June stated pouring himself a glass of Hennessy, "It was a little insensitive of us to have the dinner today on your Godson's birthday and not to mention we're also the ones who had him murdered." Ada lightly giggled as June shook his head.

"What's done is done." Was June's final words before Tanya left out of their house quickly and quietly.