Meeting You (Sho x Reader) [Arrietty]

Hey there! Here's a Sho x Reader oneshot from The Secret World Of Arrietty!

I hope you enjoy reading  (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Sho x Reader - Meeting You

”So, (Y/N), do you know why our cookies have disappeared suddenly?”

“Um, maybe someone has eaten them already? I mean you baked them for a while ago right?”

“I baked them yesterday!”

You stared awkwardly down at the ground. “Well… still, somebody might have eaten them. Ask someone else, because I have no idea.”  You said with a sheepish smile and shrugged your shoulders. The elderly woman in front of you glared at the empty plate on the table and then lowered her shoulders. “Why does it always have to be like this…” she said and rubbed her temples as she walked away in to the kitchen.

You let out a relieved sigh. Quickly, but sneakily, you unraveled the hidden cookies from the tight grip of your hands. “Lucky me that she gives up easily.” You mumbled with a faint smile and started walking away. You smiled to yourself with a raised eyebrow. By now, the old woman should have figured out that you were the one who stole the cookies, but somehow your small lies about them seemed to be believable. Since you’ve been doing this every day, you’ve learned how to twist the truth just a small bit. 

Though, it wasn’t just the cookies or the pastry. You almost sneaked away with everything possible, but that’s not so important and noticeable things. The only thing the older woman would notice was her precious cookies, but she didn’t bat an eye at other kinds of food and other things. Now, why did you do this?

Well that was simple to explain. It was because you wanted to help your friend, named Arrietty. Arrietty was one of your few close friends, so of course you wanted to help her any way possible. In this house and on these conditions, Arrietty always seem to cheer you up.

You weren’t really comfortable around this house, especially not around that elderly woman. It wasn’t that long ago since you lived with your parents in your old house, far away from this place. Everything was fine then, your parents and friends made things great, but it suddenly changed. One simple mistake turned in to an accident that changed your life. After that accident, you turned up here, in your distant relative’s house who had to take care of you. Neither you nor she had heard of each other before you got taken in this house, since no one else of your relatives could. Sometimes your mind would get filled with thoughts which later on turned in to day dreams. Always when that happened, a face of a familiar friend appeared in your thoughts. You couldn't remember his name, but you were sure that he was a close friend.  But this house wasn't that bad, it could have been worse. At least you get all different kinds of cookies and cakes sometimes, since your relative just loved to bake.

One thing that made you happy again was Arrietty, because when you moved in to this house, you had no friends close by and only barely supported by the unfamiliar relative. You found Arrietty when you were in the kitchen, and she was on a run around the room after necessities. At first, Arrietty seemed scared of you, but later on you two got to know each other and ended up as good friends. She kept you a company when you needed it and you helped her with the necessities and food. After a while, you barely even minded that she was the size of your thumb. 

Though if there was something you'd like to know, is why she suddenly turned up at this house out of nowhere?

"Arrietty? Are you there?" You whispered and knocked at a certain spot on the wall. She and her family lived hidden underneath this house, as borrowers. Though, the borrowing nowadays came from you, since you helped them with that. 

"(Y/N)? Already?" You heard a voice say as the little spot on the wall rumbled and moved, when small little person appeared in front of you. You gave her a bright smile as you stretched out your hands filled with cookies. Her eyes grew wide. "Wait, even more cookies? Thanks!" She cheered and dragged down the cookies through the little spot on the wall.

"No problem, but I think it'll be the last time I'll bring cookies. Otherwise the one who baked them will get even more suspicious.” You said and glanced at the old woman standing in the kitchen. Arrietty nodded slowly and raised an eyebrow. "You think she'll find us? Please tell me if she's on her way to, because then I can tell my family and we can escape in time. You do know that we borrowers are a secret, don't you? I don't want it to happen again..." The little girl said and pinched her nose. 

You gave her a puzzled expression. "What to happen again?" You asked. She only sighed and shook her head. "Nope, nothing, only a old friend of mine and I got separated because of the other's finding us."

You nodded, that sounded like you and your friend. "What was his name?" You asked, genuinely curious. 

She smiled sadly. "Sho." 

Wait just a short moment. Sho? Why did that name sound familiar? That name... could it be the name of your old friend? You hummed and scratched the back of your neck. 

She noticed your puzzled expression and tilted her head. "Do you know him?" 

"His name does sound familiar... But I don't really know." You answered with a faint smile. 

She only nodded and took a bite on her cookie. "Well, anyway, thanks for the cookies!" 

She closed the little spot on the wall lightly and you dusted of the crumbs of the cookies from your clothes. Sho, huh? You didn't know anyone by that name now, so it couldn't have been anyone from around here. What did that name come from? If it wasn't your childhood friend, you had no idea who it might be. 

"(Y/N)! We have visitors! Please come here!" Your relative's voice echoed through the house. You tilted your head to the side and began walking to the front door. The old woman turned her head to you as you came in to her view and waved her hand for you to hurry. "There's someone that wants to meet you." She said and you hesitated a bit. Someone wants to meet you? Who could that be-

You froze when you saw the person standing in the entrance of your house. You blinked and rubbed your eyes. It was him, your childhood friend. It was the person who always popped up in your dreams and memories. He stood in front of you, with a bright smile upon his lips. "Hello!" 

Your cracked up into a bright smile as his as you within a second ran over to him in a surprise hug. He stumbled back at the sudden weight. "Sure has been a while, Sho." You whispered, feeling extremely happy. 

He was stunned and a faint blush rose on his cheeks. "It has, hasn't it?" 

When he came in to your vision, it felt like all those years ago. You realized that you had missed him so much, the time you saw his face once again. You released him from the embrace and smiled. "Why did you suddenly turn up here?" You asked. 

He only chuckled. "Why else, I wanted to meet my old friend." 

Your eyes grew as you noticed the little blush on his cheeks. To match his blush, your cheeks also heated up in a crimson color. "Really?"

The old woman beside you two scowled. "No. He's the new neighbor." With that she left for the kitchen once again, sending a glare as she did. You pouted at her and sighed. Sho noticed your sad expression and patted your head with a chuckle. "I'm here again; let's get back to before, shall we?" He said.

You smiled at him. "Can we?"

He patted your head again. "Yeah, now we can."

 Suddenly you broke out in giggles as something tickled your foot. You glanced down at your foot and noticed the thumb-sized girl standing there with two cookies. "Hey! Don't you two think you can forget about me!" She huffed jokingly. You laughed and picked her up in your hand. 

Sho smiled at the girl. "Hello Arrietty, so you found this place too?" 

"Why of course! Here we get cookies every day, so why not?" She chirped and took a bite of her cookie. "Here you two have one!" She said and stretched out the two cookies at you two. Sho took one and as did you. You glanced at the two with happy eyes. 

Seems like this house will get a lot funnier from now on.