four - hot as fire

"Oh my god, we should totally have a double date!" Jamia screamed as I entered the living room. I plopped down on the sofa next to her and she paused whatever she was watching.

"Uh, cool, yeah," I said, blushing. "That sounds great."

"Great, how about today?"

"Mia, what?" I choked on the soda I was sipping. "That's such short notice."

"Yeah, well I already texted Lindsey and your boyfriend, and they both said they're down."

"Wow, thanks for checking with me."

"Shut up, you just got home from work, idiot, I was going to tell you as soon as you got home."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine, and you did. It's like six, where do you wanna go?"

"The mall."

"That is so stupid."

"I know," she giggled. "But it's fun to walk around the mall. Come on, please?"

"This is so stupid, but fine," I giggled, pulling out my phone. "And Gerard just texted me."

"What's he say?"

"Asked me if I wanted to go on a double date with you guys. Lemme answer yes," I replied, typing out a yes and asked him where we were going. When he answered the mall, it was accompanied by two emojis, one was rolling its eyes and the other was a laughing-crying face. I replied with mirrored emojis.

"Okay. I'm going to get changed," Jamia said, clicking Netflix off. "I fucking hate formal clothing."

"That's what you get for working as a teacher at a private school," I teased her.

"I'm helping the betterment of these kids' education," she got up, turning the TV off. I smirked.

"You teach trig, Mia."

"Hey, at least I went to college."

"I went to college!"

"Yeah, but I'm smart. Plus I went to real college."

"So did I! We went to the same school?"

"Oh, yeah, cause music production counts," she snorted, climbing the stairs to get to her room.

"I have a degree! And I use it!" I shouted, and I heard her laugh with me.

A few minutes later, she came down in her Ramones shirt and ripped jeans. Her eyes were smokey, and her lips were bright red. "Ready?"

"Yeah, yeah, let's go," I teased. We locked the door behind us and got into my car. "How are you gonna kiss Lindsey without it smearing?"

"It's liquid. It dries and it won't smear," she said, smirking at me. "Curious, Gaylord?"

I smiled, thinking about myself in makeup. "Maybe."

"Okay, music," she laughed, turning on the CD player in my car. Black Flag hit us in the face, and she grinned, turning it down a little. "What does Frankie Iero have in here?"

She flipped through my CD's and finally found one. "I'm going for a theme here today," she said as she took out the Black Flag and slipped in a Ramones one, flipping until she got to the song she wanted. "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" played for the first few minutes of the drive, and then we jammed to whatever else came on, and soon enough, I was parking my car near one of the entrances.

I felt my phone buzz against my thigh just as I took the keys out of the car, so I reached into my pocket. Drawing out my phone, I saw a text from Gerard.