eight - like i did yesterday

---six months later---

"Oh my god, that was one of the best nights of my life," Gerard grinned at me. "Especially because you were there with me."

I felt my heart collapse in on itself from the sheer love I feel for the man letting me into his house. "Gee..." I trailed off, smiling and wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you, baby."

"I fucking love you too," he giggled, kissing me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "God, I love you."

I hummed against his lips and feel him smile slightly as our lips move together. "I think," I said as I pulled away slightly, "That the best night of your life is about to get a little bit better."

Gerard's love was apparent in his eyes as he smiled softly and pulled me up to his bedroom for what seems like the hundredth time and the first time all at the same time. And when I layed on top of Gerard, smiling and then kissing him like I need him, I knew that I didn't only need him right then, I needed him for the rest of my life and I knew he felt similarly, if not the same. 

He was the one who'd constantly talked about getting an apartment and kittens and planting flowers and loving each other to the end. I only wanted his fantasies to come true. Lindsey had proposed to Jamia, and they were getting married in a few months. And I had a ring right now, but I also knew that this wasn't the right time to propose. 

Right now, I just wanted him, whether it was in my arms, or whether he was inside of me or vice versa. I wanted him and I needed him. 

I felt his hips roll from under my own, and our kisses got hot and passionate, desperate for contact. I let my hands sneak up under his shirt, but he stopped our kisses. 

"Frankie, are you gonna fuck me or not?"

I bit my lip, smiling at the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. "No, baby, I'm going to make love to you."

He bit his lip too, his smile matching mine as he reached up to brush hair out of my eyes. "You're perfect, you know that? You're too good."

I shook my head. "I'm not, but I sure try."

"You are," he insisted. 

I shrugged and just rolled my hips into his again, loving the way his eyes squeezed shut and his mouth fell open. He blushed and pulled me down into another kiss, breaking away to smile. "I guess I should rephrase. Make love to me, Frankie."

---

I collapsed beside Gerard, kissing up his neck where I'd left hickeys that he insisted were love bites now, and smiling at him, repeating it every time he whispered 'I love you' into my skin, which was quite often because he was kissing all over my face and whispering it in between kisses. 

Eventually, I stopped him to pull him out of bed and into the shower, where we may or may not have kissed under the stream of water, simulating the cliche of kissing in the rain, whether we realised it then or not. 

When we pulled apart, Gerard smiled at me, his lips swollen and his eyes sparkling and I just fell eight billion times harder for him. 

"I... I fucking love you," I whispered, and he grinned, pulling me in for another kiss. It was perfect. It was all I'd ever wanted. The way he mumbled 'I love you too' against my lips was everything, his smile was my world, his little ramblings were my life, his body pressed up against mine was more than I could ever ask for, and his heart in my hands and mine in his was my entire universe, and I never wanted to let go of this silly boy who winked at me in a movie theatre and then taught me how to love.