Young Love (Ellie Carpenter)

My phone goes off and I see a notification for a new Tweet by my club in Australia.

NEW SIGNING! CANBERRA UNITED SIGNS 18-YEAR-OLD STRIKER SOPHY KING!

Awesome. Another last-ditch attempt by the club to sign attacking talent. Last time they did that, we almost ended up at the bottom of the table. At least we didn't lose every game.

The Next Day...

I show up to the training ground a little earlier than usual and see an unfamiliar face juggling.

"Hey-" She turns around and I kind of forgot what I was going to say.

"Yo, what's up? I'm assuming you are one of my teammates?" She says looking right at me, with her crystal blue eyes.

"Ye-yeah. Your, um... Sophy, right?"

"Yep."

"I'm Ellie." I stick out my hand for her to shake.

"Sophy King."

"What part of Australia are you from?"

"Surfside."

"I have never heard of there." Her eyes flicker.

"Well for your information, it's pretty cool. I should take you sometime."

"That would be brilliant."

"I thought you were an Aussie, not a Brit." She says laughing a bit.

"Oh sorry, that kinda slipped out. I was just so lost in your eyes." Okay, maybe that was a bit flirtatious, but she blushed.

"Oh, okay! She got moves!"

"How about this move: Me, you, date. I'll pick you up at six."

"Yeah that sounds nice. Just don't be scared by my parents, they love taking pictures." My face probably had a mortified look, because she started dying.

"I'm just messing with you El! So worth it, your face!"

"CMON KIDS. LET'S GET THIS THING GOING!" Coach says from behind us before we could say anything else.

---

I punch in the address she gave me, and it has me taking only five minutes.

I walk up to her door, knocking on it. She opens it instantly, and wow. She is wearing light blue, ripped skinny jeans and a dark blue top. The top brings out her eyes, making them appear alot deeper and darker.

"Wow." Is all she says.

"I heard from a little birdie that you love sushi, so I'm taking you to some place called Raku Japanese Restaurant. I also heard that you like to sing, so I got some karaoke lined up after dinner."

"Sounds perfect." She then offers her arm, which I hold onto her elbow.

We find a table at the sushi place. She pulls out my chair for me, which is already the sweetest thing anyone I've gone on a date with has done. She then sits across from me.

"So, Miss Youngest Olympian, what's life like?" She asks.

"Well, you know. It's pretty good. I'm right here, with you. I've got an amazing club, amazing friends."

"I had maybe, just possibly done some research about you and saw you left home at 12. That's like Lindsey Horan, taken to another level." I laugh.